UPS / FedEx / USPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
USPS / FedEx / USPS

42238050_160310338213487_2786462614278897664_n.jpg

I get that it's a joke but USPS has often been quicker and more reliable than UPS or FedEx in my area. USPS also works 6 days a week (or 7 for Amazon Prime) which means less waiting.

I think it's more about their online tracking. I have ordered stuff from the states via all 3 of these and I have sometimes received the USPS shipment and then it updates on their website about 2 days later that the item was delivered.

USPS in my rural (China Spring/Valley Mills) area = 100% reliable, leaves notices, wraps packages in plastic bags if it is raining

UPS - same as USPS. Even goes one step further by bringing things to my front porch. A+ service.

FedEx.... *sigh*.

My local FedEx delivery is farmed out to a contractor out of Corsicana, TX called "Denbow P&D - contracted service provider to FedEx" (Operated by FedEx Ground, USDOT 265752)

I have witnessed with my own eyes this "contractor" to FedEx tossing packages out of the truck while moving. Just slow down a little as they drive by & toss it out in the driveway & speed away.......

USPS is usually the quickest and lowest cost, UPS is roughest on the packages. FedEx is a good compromise.

StevieC:

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Your Canada Post is the slowest, most expensive service of all.

Seriously, I can get packages from the Orient and Europe faster and cheaper than from Canada.

Shipping to Canada is a headache as well.

Why do so many Canadians complain about buying from the USA? Like 13% VAT, etc. Weekend delivery - no way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Linctex
USPS in my rural (China Spring/Valley Mills) area = 100% reliable, leaves notices, wraps packages in plastic bags if it is raining

UPS - same as USPS. Even goes one step further by bringing things to my front porch. A+ service.

FedEx.... *sigh*.

My local FedEx delivery is farmed out to a contractor out of Corsicana, TX called "Denbow P&D - contracted service provider to FedEx" (Operated by FedEx Ground, USDOT 265752)

I have witnessed with my own eyes this "contractor" to FedEx tossing packages out of the truck while moving. Just slow down a little as they drive by & toss it out in the driveway & speed away.......

Ditto on FedEx. I think almost all of the drivers in my area are contractors so you never know how things will turn out.

Originally Posted by user52165
StevieC:

Seriously, I can get packages from the Orient and Europe faster and cheaper than from Canada.

Why do so many Canadians complain about buying from the USA? Like 13% VAT, etc.

I wasn't throwing stones, it was just a joke you need to chill. Furthermore it's an American poking fun of the systems in that picture so you might take it up with her via her Twitter.

As for Canadians complaining, do you not have complainers in the U.S. that find something to complain about all the time? Same here.

Canada post is quite fast. It is more than USPS for sure but it's not something ridiculous in comparison and it is much less expensive than UPS/FedEx. I regularly get packages and mail within a day of it being sent and if it's coming from across the country it's a few days.
wink.gif

UPS here seems to be quite fast and my Amazon Prime stuff comes next day most times through UPS if it doesn't come Local Courier instead. (Intelcom)

FedEx is usually the slowest for us here and the pick-up depot if we miss the shipment is 25km away. Not the best.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by user52165
StevieC:

Why do so many Canadians complain about buying from the USA? Like 13% VAT, etc.

I wasn't throwing stones and Canada post is quite fast. It is more than USPS for sure.
I regularly get packages and mail within a day of it being sent and if it's coming from across the country it's a few days.
wink.gif

It may be fast in Canada but not from Canada to the USA.

You can blame that on USPS picking it up and delivering it. I will mail stuff to my brother in Boston and it gets to customs within a day or so and then it seems it's the U.S. customs side that takes their sweet time according to the online tracking. It will say "Received by USPS international Mail Inbound" and that is where it sits and if you call Canada Post they will tell you that it is sitting at the US customs for inspection.

So sorry, it's not us. If we send it UPS or FedEx it's there next day.

As we were once a British Colony our mail system is based on theirs and both are quite fast expediting mail and parcels. As is anything from Hong Kong (formerly under British control and still retains their mail system). Just so you know the long history of the system and how efficient it is.

Last edited:
My area of NY ='s UPS gets a A- Fed Ex gets B+ USPS is an epic FAIL. The one exception to USPS is the Amazon Sunday delivery which has been spot on.

USPS is a nightmare from the service desk to the delivery personnel.

What corrupt person(s) high up the USPS food chain gave Amazon a sweetheart deal for delivering Amazon packages on Sunday and delivering Amazon packages at a loss?

Personally I find little difference between the 3. USPS packages arrive in the best condition and on time 90% of the time. Although some days the mail truck never makes it into the cul-de-sac. Verified by my Ring doorbell.

FedEx is the most dependable when it comes to deliveries happening when the tracking says it will, including time of day. The packages arrive in the worst condition. Cannot remember the last time I got a package on FedEx that did not have banged in corners.

UPS packages arrive in good condition most of the time, when they do not they are really banged up. Deliveries in may neighborhood can happen as early as 3pm to as late as 9pm.

Fedex delivers on time at 9:15 to 9:45 AM to my house. USPS at 3 to 5 pm a day late 50% of the the stated delivery date. UPS between 4 and 8pm always on the day they say. Tracking by USPS hit or miss, USPS and Fedex are very accurate. UPS delivery time always says delivery by 3 to 5 pm, but is always later. None of them have ever dinged up my packages. The absolute worst shipping is UPS sure post. That's where UPS delivers part of they way and the post office finishes up. Takes way too long.

They are all equally good here. The only exception is the red-headed stepchild "USPS Smartpost". Fedex or DHL takes 2 days to get an item cross country (eg from its point of Chinese import in California) to a warehouse 20 miles from my house.

Then it takes another 7-9 days to properly transfer it to the USPS and get it on my doorstep.

Whoever has access to this (eBay vendors of ghetto cheap car parts, typically) must be getting a smoking deal.

Just for clarity, Fedex and Fedex Ground are two entirely different and distinct companies (and services). Yes, they are owned by the same parent company and they use the same name/logo, but that's where the similarities end. Fedex employees are regular employees while Fedex Ground uses private companies that provide their own vehicles and workers.

We have a USPS driver that randomly decides if she wants to get out of her vehicle in order to deliver packages to us that don't fit in the mailbox (meaning she has to bring them to our porch). My favorite was the time she put a few pieces of mail in the box along with a "service note" that said our "receptacle was blocked" (???). We also had a package that was to be delivered that day and the online tracking had a delivery exception indicating "receptacle blocked" as the reason it couldn't be delivered. I'm not sure she thought that one through....

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Just for clarity, Fedex and Fedex Ground are two entirely different and distinct companies (and services). Yes, they are owned by the same parent company and they use the same name/logo, but that's where the similarities end. Fedex employees are regular employees while Fedex Ground uses private companies that provide their own vehicles and workers.

Here both FedEx Ground (Green/Purple) and FedEx (Orange/Purple) are all employees of their respective divisions and of FedEx but the ground folks are unionized. That said no one really uses FedEx ground here that much, most use the regular FedEx (Orange/Purple) folks that deliver most things when FedEx is used. It's rare to see a ground truck in my experiences. I worked for FedEx during my college years as a security guard.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back