New (old) car inbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick up my new toy Sunday. Pretty stoked always wanted one.
1967 Plymouth GTX with 440 and 727.

DSC00001.JPG

Originally Posted by drtyler
Looks good! Share more photos when you get a chance.

Obviously these are the sellers pics but I've seen it irl and it looks good. Original engine, trans and rear. Interior items are from legendary

556852-81ff4552d5306be83a39cc353bbac4b4.jpg

556853-9a4adc4dfdbce5d43f0db73a7a07efd2.jpg

556854-42d8c60c5d70c39bdbe98c269d70bbac.jpg

That's really nice!

Is the GTX sister to the Dart?

Is it black or dark green? I can't tell, the paint is so shiny!

Originally Posted by Leo99
That's really nice!

Is the GTX sister to the Dart?

Is it black or dark green? I can't tell, the paint is so shiny!

Dodge version would be the coronet r/T

This car is bigger than the dart. Dart is a body and this is b body.

Color is black.

This is the r/T

da0913-165393_1.jpg

The lower end of this car was the Roadrunner and I believe dad said the Satellite. My dad saw this and said where is the 3rd pedal?

Darn nice car BeerCan
smile.gif

Base is the belvedere. 67 is the only year the gtx was badged as a belvedere and a GTX. 68 it was gtx only but still based on the belvedere. Very similar to the road runner

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good to know. Enjoy the car
smile.gif

I plan to, thanks
57.gif

It was weird driving a 50 + year old car. Cars sure have come a long way, fit and finish, power, brakes safety.

4 wheel drum brakes are a bit of an eye opener the first couple of times you try and stop
shocked2.gif

I don't think 4 wheel drums are to bad with power brakes. Try it with manual brakes. Whoa Nelly. Only my Nissan has power brakes.

Last edited:
I had a close call with drum brakes on my 71 Cutlass. I had six friends in the car and the brakes faded coming off the interstate, even with power brakes. It was after that I switched to disc brakes in front.

I understand the drum can heat up to where the diameter grows, resulting in less contact with the shoes.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Pick up my new toy Sunday. Pretty stoked always wanted one.
1967 Plymouth GTX with 440 and 727.

Wow! What a beauty!! That car is from my era. 56 Chevy 2D HT, tomato red/cream. 327 W/3up, T-10 4 speed. 13 seconds in the qtr.

65 GTO 2/D post, 4-speed.

73 Ply 340 727.

Enjoy your toy.

Re:Drum brakes, don't remind me, I put the then new metallic shoes on the GTO. Had to be careful until they were warmed up.

My 2013 Dodge grand Caravans disks are light years ahead of anything I ever owned.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
The lower end of this car was the Roadrunner and I believe dad said the Satellite. My dad saw this and said where is the 3rd pedal?

Darn nice car BeerCan
smile.gif

Your dad is cool! I agree! OP must swap in a modern 6 speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back