VIRGIN ST2 STP FILTER CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening bitogers
smile.gif

So, i had to order some PH2 equivalent filters for some 18' Ford F-250 trucks. Autozone sent us some new made in china ST2 fikters with silicone adbv and these Purolator made ones. Pretty shoddy if you ask me as pleats actually are crooked if held and looked at very close. Stopped after work at this Autozone and they have quite a few Puro made STP filters also.

20180919_175722.jpg

20180919_175736.jpg

20180919_175757.jpg

20180919_175804.jpg

20180919_175819.jpg

20180919_175826.jpg

20180919_175816.jpg

15373949190095991386125432895475.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Zee09
Crap!!
Thanks for the cp Adam!

If we get some AUTO EXTRA 618-51372 filters tomorrow I'll snag a Made In China ST2 as it's darker blue with silicone ADBV :^)

If that's glue all over the endcaps, that's really sloppy. Does the last pic of the pleats show a leak at the bottom of the seam? No thanks.

Thanks for the cut and post!!!

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
The Puro disease has spread to AZ now-I guess O'Reilly is the last holdout...

With MicroGard and Wix Pro-Tec and Napa ProSelect all being the same, and Wix being bought by the same company that owns Purolator, how long you think it's gonna be til MicroGards are gonna suck too?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
The Puro disease has spread to AZ now-I guess O'Reilly is the last holdout...

With MicroGard and Wix Pro-Tec and Napa ProSelect all being the same, and Wix being bought by the same company that owns Purolator, how long you think it's gonna be til MicroGards are gonna suck too?
I'm just hoping the entire Wix line doesn't follow Puro downhill now that Mann & Hummel owns them. Still hard to believe the Premium Guard & similar Chinese filters are better.

Somebody needs to take a look at the glue machine there, that is sloppy.

For now it still seems the Puro and Wix lines are still totally independent of each other, and we have enough here looking at filters to see if a change happens.

Originally Posted by spasm3
If that's glue all over the endcaps, that's really sloppy. Does the last pic of the pleats show a leak at the bottom of the seam? No thanks.

Thanks for the cut and post!!!

You're welcome friend
smile.gif

It looks like a glob of glue on metal endcap

Originally Posted by blupupher
Somebody needs to take a look at the glue machine there, that is sloppy.

For now it still seems the Puro and Wix lines are still totally independent of each other, and we have enough here looking at filters to see if a change happens.

Yeah, friend has a 17' F-250 so I'll snag a "mad in China" one before Saturday for it
smile.gif

I wonder what it is with all the sloppy glue or sealant work on filters lately? We have seen several examples.

Yeah this is junk.

The STP I have is much better being that it made by Premium Guard.

Thanks for your good work here Capt.

Originally Posted by Onetor
If only we could use those cut filters instead of discarding.

I DO use them, to start a fire with
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero
Yeah this is junk.

The STP I have is much better being that it made by Premium Guard.

Thanks for your good work here Capt.

Yeah, the new ones i like a lot better than this trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back