FORD FACTORY FILTER CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks
smile.gif

This WIX made Ford factory filter was off a wealthy friends 2018 F-150 4x4 ext. Cab truck. 5.0 engine also. 4,xxx miles on oil and filter. He supplied a WIX filter and some MC blend 5w20. I'd say it did well all things considered and on a new truck.

I have tons of pics so if anyone wants some, PM me so I can email you pics since we cannot attach a picture in a PM

Thank You gentlemen and ladies

20180918_173539.jpg

20180918_173548.jpg

20180918_173604.jpg

20180918_173714.jpg

20180918_173736.jpg

20180918_173947.jpg

20180918_173742.jpg

20180918_173935.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Good evening folks
smile.gif

This WIX made Ford factory filter was off a wealthy friends 2018 F-150 4x4 ext. Cab truck. 5.0 engine also. 4,xxx miles on oil and filter. He supplied a WIX filter and some MC blend 5w20. I'd say it did well all things considered and on a new truck.

I have tons of pics so if anyone wants some, PM me so I can email you pics since we cannot attach a picture in a PM

A very modest oil and filter selection for the car of a wealthy person!

Black ADBV is nitrile, not great. The Wix you replaced it with is better with a silicone ADBV. Although I do like the bypass spring on the inlet end, nice, wish all oil filters would do that so oil doesn't wash over the dirty side of the filter when bypass events happen (cold days, morning starts usually).
Sure the old filter is a Wix? I don't think its a Purolator like other Motorcraft filters anyway.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4811384/Ford_FL-500S_Vs_Baldwin_B7449

Last edited:
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Good evening folks
smile.gif

Hey, I would choose that oil as well and go 4K maybe 5k
smile.gif

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Black ADBV is nitrile, not great. The Wix you replaced it with is better with a silicone ADBV. Although I do like the bypass spring on the inlet end, nice, wish all oil filters would do that so oil doesn't wash over the dirty side of the filter when bypass events happen (cold days, morning starts usually).
Sure the old filter is a Wix? I don't think its a Purolator like other Motorcraft filters anyway.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4811384/Ford_FL-500S_Vs_Baldwin_B7449

YES, very sure it's WIX. Don't understand how hard it is to see its NOT a Tear O Lator or champ labs filter. All the evidence is there
smile.gif

I took pic of spring also that's in dome end of can

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Good evening folks
smile.gif

That's probably why he is a wealthy person.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies

Does the ADBV material matter if the filter is mounted vertical, threads up?

Originally Posted by advocate
It looks different then the one that came off of my 2018 5.0 F150. I had a silicone adbv. Weird.

Was there a champ labs or WIX style date code on can?

Originally Posted by Donald
Does the ADBV material matter if the filter is mounted vertical, threads up?

The ADBV sealing well still matters on filters mounted vertically with base up. If the ADBV lesks, oil in galleries above the filter can still drain out.

Yea I usually keep my filters longer... but I had cut up the media to go over it and decided to toss it. I do have my oem one from my 2016 5.0 though. Here is the pic of it. With the silicone adbv. It looks almost identical to the one from my 2018.

Did you have a coil spring on yours? Or a flat style spring? I'm thinking my ones were champion labs? And yours is a wix right?

FC09B6B1-A2CD-490C-AFA0-D73506BFD5ED.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back