Need advice = 0w20 or 5w20 full synthetic oil will ester and high mileage oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need advice for 0w20 or 5w20 with full synthetic high mileage oil which contain ester my car is Honda Pilot 2007. Have being using conventional high mileage but from last 20k mileage using full synthetic oil. I have search here and google it but can't find any brand of full synthetic with ester oil here in bitgo or google search from last 1 year or so.

In GA I would run a 5w30 to be honest.

But why ester? Your car will not know the difference if you change on time. Just use a name brand oil that meets spec and you will be fine.

OIl companies don't always tell you if they are using esters. I like your use of high mileage-type (HM) oils since they do contain a little extra seal conditioners which might stop a leak from ever happening.

Castrol Magnatec is alleged to use polymer esters. You could buy that at walmart for cheap (great oil really) and then order LiquiMoly Motor Oil Saver, which is mostly seal conditioner, which is the main significant difference between normal oil and HM-oil.

Alternatively, my fav full-syn HM oil is "Valvoline full syn with MaxLife" as they call it, having some titanium these days too. Then, you could add a small amount of polymer ester via "HyperLube Zinc Replacement Addtive" or another ester additive such as "LubeGard BioTech" which also has lots of moly.

When you say "ester" you could be referring to the POE form, found in Ravenol brand oils from Germany (amazon or other mail order here). Or Redline has POE as well. Both of those could be converted to the High Mileage HM-type of oil by adding the aforementioned LiquiMoly Motor Oil Saver seal conditioner additive.

Last edited:
LOL. Yeah, unless the capitol of his locale is Tblisi, it's pretty straightforward where he is.

Further LOL. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
I am from Atlanta, Georgia. Thank you so much for the comments. So i will use major brand of full synthetic high mileage oil from now .Just keep what I am doing it.however did and one of you think that Mobil 1 0w20 high mileage extended performance has more POE than regular 0w20 high mileage Mobil 1? Thank you so much for the comments.

Originally Posted by Toh1
I am from Atlanta, Georgia. Thank you so much for the comments. So i will use major brand of full synthetic high mileage oil from now .Just keep what I am doing it.however did and one of you think that Mobil 1 0w20 high mileage extended performance has more POE than regular 0w20 high mileage Mobil 1? Thank you so much for the comments.

Thanks for clarifying. I don't know where I got the idea you were from the old Soviet State.

At that mileage the Honda has done well.

You could use Redline oil.
You could use Valvoline Premium Blue Restore 10W-30, which is very expensive at around $70/gallon online.
You could add one of the following to a typical High Mileage oil:
1. Hy-per Lube Zinc Replacement additive, which is purely a polymer ester. Hopefully it's still available online. I ordered it from OReilly about 6 months ago.
2. Lubegard Bio-Tech Engine Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back