Rock Auto now charging sales tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had to pay tax on my last few Rock Auto orders.. Has this been happening to anyone else?

I believe they have a warehouse 40 miles away or so, so maybe this has something to do with it. It's just started the last month or so.

First, they got rid of the commercial shipping address discount and now this. (I saved about $20 on a $400 order.) Oh well, it's still cheaper than the parts stores.

Last edited:
You live in Indiana and Rock Auto and/or a third party they use might have an address in your state which is why your being charged sales tax. The Supreme court ruled on internet sales tax so expect changes after the primary.

Keep in mind that tax / finance / policy people from all levels of government decided to let internet sales go tax free to enable / foster internet sales.

ALWAYS was reserved the implementation of sales taxes on internet sales.

Remember that when "commentators" point their fingers and "who caused these taxes". They will lie about it.

Long live companies like IPD, FCPEuro, eEuroparts and AutohausAZ.

You were always supposed to report and pay the tax on internet sales in most states anyway.

Originally Posted by Rand
You were always supposed to report and pay the tax on internet sales in most states anyway.

Yeah I do in Delaware
smile.gif

I think the term is "collecting sales tax" it is the state that "charges sales tax." I believe that or something along those lines would be a more accurate term.

This is pretty state-specific so look at answers from those who are also in Indiana or those who are well-versed on Indiana's laws. I could explain things based on OH laws and/or sales tax but it's not relevant in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back