"Best" Nu Finish Like Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Patman
Originally Posted by StevieC

Now I take my vehicles to a guy that I was recommended to and he puts the sealant on for me once a year. I don't know what he uses but it is professional grade and does an amazing job. It's not cheap though.
grin2.gif

Why don't you just go with a ceramic coating then? It'll cost more but then you won't have to keep going back every year (and I don't think any sealant will last a full year with our harsh winters, but a good ceramic coating will last for many years)

Do you know a place between the Hammer and Oakville?

Originally Posted by StevieC

Do you know a place between the Hammer and Oakville?

I have a good friend who publishes the magazine Autostrada and he lives in Hamilton and knows all of the best places around there that offer ceramic coating so I sent him a message and I'll post the names of the shops when he gets back to me.
11.gif

Originally Posted by wdn
Collinite 845 is one of the best wax on the market. It's a wax though, not a sealant like Jescar

Actually it's a hybrid. It's a sealant that contains carnauba wax. It offers long term durability with the warm look of carnauba.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Duragloss #105 if you want a little cleaner in it. Doesn't stain or powder off when removing. DG #111 is a pure sealant with no cleaners or polishing agents. Right around the $10 range. Collinite is very good also and around the $18 range.

Boy do I agree with DG#105. Easy on & off, very nice look,durable, and inexpensive.

I like Optimum Opti-Seal. This one is extremely easy to use and you can use it in direct sunlight. But it is just a sealer, there is no cleaner in it. I would say it lasts about the same as Nufinish, maybe a bit shorter, but the easy of application and absolutely no staining on trim, makes up for it.
Also, the price may look a bit steep, however you use very little of it during application. Each panel requires about two-three squeezes from the sprayer. It's one of those product where less is more.

Check it out.

Optiomum Opti-Seal

Not an all-in-one product, but I like "Optimum Spray Wax". Which is really a spray sealant.

Apply every three months or so and you are fine.

Viewed as a sealant rather than a spray wax, the price is fair.

It does have a fairly narrow temperature range of use. I also live in a cool climate, so take that into account.

How much is a couple of hours of your weekend worth?

Yes, you could get ceramic coating or what not. It's easier to just spritz this stuff on once in awhile.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jimbrewer
Not an all-in-one product, but I like "Optimum Spray Wax". Which is really a spray sealant.

Apply every three months or so and you are fine.

Viewed as a sealant rather than a spray wax, the price is fair.

It does have a fairly narrow temperature range of use. I also live in a cool climate, so take that into account.

How much is a couple of hours of your weekend worth?

Yes, you could get ceramic coating or what not. It's easier to just spritz this stuff on once in awhile.

What is good about Optimum Spray Wax and Optiseal is that they can be applied on all exterior surfaces without staining. They also have proven uv protection so you get the benefits of a sealant with little time involved.

OPT makes excellent products.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Originally Posted by HowAboutThis
Almost out of Nu Finish. What's another idiot proof product that's cheap? Duragloss? Collinite?

Hoping to try something else after I run out of Nu Finish. For daiy drivers and I'm lazy and cheap. So something that's cheap, lasts as long, and takes less than an hour with no power tools. Hopefully that makes sense.

*Former user of NuFinish - Meg's Ultimate Wax or one of the above mentioned sealers / waxes that will NOT stain trim or leave a bunch of white powder fleck residue is absolutely the way to go now ... I'll never go back to old technology , pain in the back side NuFinish again !

That ultimate wax will only bead for 2-3 months. NuFinish lasts much longer.

slomo

How about just about any of the liquid waxes? Mequires lasts about as long as NuFinish with maybe a little more protection from things like dust and bird crap.
As to laziness... I use the spray and dry type wax every car wash. At least everytime I towel dry my car. Since I'm going to use a towel, I just spray it on the still wet car then dry it. Extends the life of whatever wax/sealant/whatever is used.

Or you could try what someone I know does. Just use the self service car wash once a week and don't use the soap except when absolutely needed. Just the high pressure wax is enough to get almost all the typical dust off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back