KD Cloth. Window cleaning rag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

irv

My wife has had and used one for going on 2 years now. It was gifted to her from a friend.

Long story short, I decided to, finally, use it myself today and all I have to say is wow, this thing works!

Needless to say, for the last few minutes, all I am hearing is, I told you so, I told you so!
lol.gif

For whatever reason, even though I have seen her use it many times on our house windows and mirrors, etc, I was reluctant to try/use it myself on my car and truck windows.

For me, personally, I think it will be a long time before I ever use sprays, paper towels or rags again.

This thing really works, trust me.
cheers3.gif

https://www.kdcloth.com/

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
A top notch professional detailer on here uses something similar. Carpro Fast Glass on all windows for vehicles that come through his shops. Hard to beat that and no more chemicals. Always good to hear from you!

https://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-towels/fast-glass-kit-select-qty-100-streak-free-glass-cloth/

Great to hear from you too, SS.
cheers3.gif

It really worked, and worked good! I am now a believer. My wife said she is going to order about 10 and give them out as Christmas presents this year.
I also think she wants to be a spokesperson for the company as well.
grin2.gif

Obviously, I have no real long term experience with them yet other than what I did today with our vehicle windows, but my wife says there are no hidden tricks nor will the dirt/smudging, etc, come back any quicker than if you used your favorite glass cleaner and rags.

It was way easier to clean the windows today. No spray getting on the dash/seats and no fumbling with the cans. For some reason, and I am sure with others as well, cleaning windows was not a top priority for me but I think from now on, they will be cleaned far more often.

For the record, the one I used today had been used numerous times as well. It looked quite used/dirty, imo, but my wife ensured me it would be good to use.
I just dampened it like in the vid, rung it out very good and went at it. At first I thought, due to a bit of initial streaking, this wasn't going to work but when it dried up after a few seconds, the windows were as clear as I have ever gotten them before.

I have good results using just a plain microfiber towel that hasn't been used previously with interior detailer / leather conditioner, et al. Simply take the towel and rub it over the windows- no glass cleaner needed, it removes streaks and cleans the glass better than I've ever seen with glass cleaner.

Last edited:
I'll give it a go but the only place I can find to order is in Canada with $10 shipping to the USA. Is there a USA vendor?

Originally Posted by RTexasF
I'll give it a go but the only place I can find to order is in Canada with $10 shipping to the USA. Is there a USA vendor?

I just got a deal on Ebay.

Originally Posted by danez_yoda
How are thers different from regular microfiber cloth?

I can't speak for this cloth in specific, but my special glass microfiber cloth has a totally different nap than a regular microfiber cloth, and that makes a huge difference.

Using a high quality microfiber (not the junk from Harbor Freight) that is made for glass (low pile) that is damp but not wet will remove most soils from glass. I used to work for a large sanitation company and learned more about microfiber than you ever wanted to know.
grin2.gif

The problem is that most microfiber on the market is garbage and not of the high quality industrial quality. Expect to pay $2-3 per microfiber for a quality one. Luckily I bought a whole pile before I left that company before my new company so I'm well stocked.

I use Megs Professional Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth. It is softer than waffle weave towels and won't leave any streaks.

Originally Posted by RTexasF
Thank your sir, I'll look into that and hope they are the real thing..

I think you will be impressed with them. Like I mentioned, yesterday was the first time I used one and was blown away with how well it cleaned.

Did you manage to find them on E-Bay? I haven't looked.

I'm curious if anyone purchased one yet and what their thoughts are? I have used Windex/Invisible Glass and rags/toweling since I posted this here.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back