Recent Threads Gone in Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

gathermewool

Site Donor 2023
Following the forum format change, mobile view does not have the Recent Threads column at the top left of the page. Requesting desktop mode doesn't change anything.

I've gotten used to all of the other changes, but I'm still bothered by the loss of this list. I check the site often and typically click on new threads in that list substantially more than by going to individual forum subsections.

Did I miss some setting to enable this?

Well you have to realize looking at the Banner at the top of this page this is a Pennzoil forum.
Having said that I use their products when there on sale with a rebate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Well you have to realize looking at the Banner at the top of this page this is a Pennzoil forum.

I fixed that "Mobil" typo before you posted. You now look insane!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by gathermewool
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

I fixed that "Mobil" typo before you posted. You now look insane!
crackmeup2.gif

LOL looking at my post what part of it even mentions "Mobile"
crackmeup2.gif

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "show/hide columns on this page", but it's not a permanent fix.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "show/hide columns on this page", but it's not a permanent fix.

This is what I have to do on both my iPhone5S and my iPhone5, however on my iPad2, it still operates as it used to.

Originally Posted by ctrcbob
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

This is what I have to do on both my iPhone5S and my iPhone5, however on my iPad2, it still operates as it used to.

Thanks, Quattro Pete.

I have no issues on my PC laptop and iPad Air2 (both show in desktop mode), but havne't had much luck on my iPhone 6+

Originally Posted by Nick1994
If I had a nickel...

You have to wonder is "search" works in mobile too !

I have no issues on my PC laptop and iPad Air2 (both show in desktop mode), but havne't had much luck on my iPhone 6+

It would be easier if I found one of my other multiple posts explaining this but here goes.... This is by design. You can't override it. The forum s/w know the size of your screen and if it's below some value, it will not show the 'recent post' column. Trying to trick it with "Use desktop view" through your mobile browser still doesn't override that minimum width requirement though so it still won't show. The iPhone's screen is too narrow while the iPad's and laptop's are wide enough.

On the laptop, make your browser window narrower and narrower. Once you reach a certain width, it goes away. Toggling the show/hide makes no difference.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Trying to trick it with "Use desktop view" through your mobile browser still doesn't override that minimum width requirement though so it still won't show.

The LH column will show on my Android if I switch it to "Desktop Site" mode. I actually like keeping the Android in the cell phone mode as it makes it easier to read the postings. I can do without the LH column, but I can turn it on & off in cell phone mode as others have described if desired.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Would it help to create a link at the top of the page for Recent Links? There is one for Active Links.

Bingo!

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
The LH column will show on my Android if I switch it to "Desktop Site" mode. I actually like keeping the Android in the cell phone mode as it makes it easier to read the postings. I can do without the LH column, but I can turn it on & off in cell phone mode as others have described if desired.

Is this a phone or tablet ? What model is it ?

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Is this a phone or tablet ? What model is it ?

LG Android cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back