Would M1EPHM meet DexosGen2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the consensus?
Does/would M1EPHM meet the latest Dexos certification...and Mobil has just decided to not certify it? (With VFSHM certified as Dexos, you would think Mobil would want the same for their "premium" HM formula if it would meet it.)

Originally Posted by lukejo
you would think Mobil would want the same for their "premium" HM formula if it would meet it.)

Why would Mobil want it? So they could pay royalty fees to GM for every bottle of it that they sell, regardless if it goes into a GM engine requiring D1G2 oil or not?

Most engines that would benefit from an HM oil are most likely older engines that don't require D1G2 oil.

Does the car / vehicle in question indicate Gen 2 in the owner's manual ? If not , I would be happy with Gen 1 .

That is the situation with our 2015 Chevy Sonic 1.8l . It pre-dates Gen 2 and is non-turbo , NA , non-direct injection .

I have Gen 1 oil in my stash and plan to use it up .

We could probably get a real close yes answer by looking at the additive packagea in the uos or voa sections.

Originally Posted by CT8
We could probably get a real close yes answer by looking at the additive packagea in the uos or voa sections.

That's basically what I was asking...about this oil, and not a specific application/vehicle.

Originally Posted by buster
I believe it would.

I agree. It is ACEA A5 B5 approved already.. which is a good spec to meet in it's own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back