Today's dealership experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MCompact
I always negotiate an OTD price; if the dealer wants to play games I walk.

As do I. Concerning Toyota, for being end of year with 2019 models hitting the lots, they just didn't care. Around here, the "no dealer fee" dealers were no more willing, nor competitive, than the dealers with $600 plus dealer fees. I believe SE Toyota Distributors are partly responsible for this. Thinking about it now, in the long run they probably ended up doing us a favor.

Originally Posted by MCompact
I always negotiate an OTD price; if the dealer wants to play games I walk.

That is the only way to negotiate! I often laugh reading forums or listening to people brag about how great they did getting x amount under invoice. Then pay a $500,-$700+ doc fee, and other bogus fees driving the price right back up again lol. The only way to deal is on the OTD price, and if you don't like what you hear, get up and walk out.

Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
Here's a perfect example right here:

[Linked Image]

Holy crap, great deal, right?! $ 27,418 for a new Camaro SS!!!!!

Then in the description, they put this:

"Price includes all available conditional rebates and offers from Chevrolet. Contact the dealership to verify eligibility for these rebates. Not all customers and vehicles will qualify for all rebates. Must finance with GM Financial. Offers can change without notice."

So not only do you have to qualify for ALL of the following to get that price:

" $2,000 - Chevrolet Conquest Private Offer. Exp. 10/01/2018, $500 - General Motors Consumer Cash Program. Exp. 10/01/2018, $500 - GM Bonus Cash Program. Exp. 09/10/2018, $1,000 - GM Down Payment Assistance Program. Must finance with GM Financial. No exceptions. Exp. 10/01/2018, $250 - GM Extended Family Card and Buypower Card Bonus Cash Offer. Exp. 10/31/2018, $1,000 - Chevrolet Select Market Bonus Cash. Exp. 10/01/2018 $2,000 - COPELAND Trade-In Assistance - Must trade a 2013 or newer vehicle to receive this offer. Lease vehicles excluded. Amount added to total trade-in allowance. - Exp. 09/30/2018 $1,500 - GM Cards With Redemption Limits Copper/Platinum - Must have $1,500 GM Card with $1,500 in points for Silverado and Camaro"

Even if you meet all of those criteria (which is next to impossible), they can "change the offer without notice." So you drive there and they say "oh that was only good for this morning."

I think it's legal if they put their dumb disclaimer in the seller notes.

My advice? Don't do business with dealers like this.

This is exactly the scenario. One of the "rebates" was "First Time Buyer". The loan limit on "First Time Buyers" is $15,000. So I'd have to have never financed a vehicle AND have $27,000 or so laying around for my down payment. Other stuff like American Airlines Credit Union member and American Quarterhorse Member. Then there was that "Farm Bureau" thing and "Certificate Holder", which I don't even know what it means. I'd like to know how many people within 50 miles of me are members of all of these..

UPDATE: I emailed a couple of dealers after my experience Saturday. By Monday morning I had three great offers and two of them were even itemized as for every cost and rebate. By this morning I have an agreement to purchase the exact same trim/mode/color of the vehicle I want for LOWER than even the snake dealer was printing. I know it's not 100% official until I'm driving off the lot, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I think I found someone a little more trustworthy.

The jerk in me wants to rip off an email when this is all done to let the sketchy dealer see my price and return my $.02 to him, but I'm leaning on the side of being an adult and just let things be. But I probably won't email. My feet sent whatever message I could send.

Originally Posted by SevenBizzos

[Linked Image]

"Price includes all available conditional rebates and offers from Chevrolet. Contact the dealership to verify eligibility for these rebates. Not all customers and vehicles will qualify for all rebates. Must finance with GM Financial. Offers can change without notice."

" $2,000 - Chevrolet Conquest Private Offer. Exp. 10/01/2018, $500 - General Motors Consumer Cash Program. Exp. 10/01/2018, $500 - GM Bonus Cash Program. Exp. 09/10/2018, $1,000 - GM Down Payment Assistance Program. Must finance with GM Financial. No exceptions. Exp. 10/01/2018, $250 - GM Extended Family Card and Buypower Card Bonus Cash Offer. Exp. 10/31/2018, $1,000 - Chevrolet Select Market Bonus Cash. Exp. 10/01/2018 $2,000 - COPELAND Trade-In Assistance - Must trade a 2013 or newer vehicle to receive this offer. Lease vehicles excluded. Amount added to total trade-in allowance. - Exp. 09/30/2018 $1,500 - GM Cards With Redemption Limits Copper/Platinum - Must have $1,500 GM Card with $1,500 in points for Silverado and Camaro"

Even if you meet all of those criteria (which is next to impossible), they can "change the offer without notice." So you drive there and they say "oh that was only good for this morning."

This is exactly the scenario. One of the "rebates" was "First Time Buyer". The loan limit on "First Time Buyers" is $15,000. So I'd have to have never financed a vehicle AND have $27,000 or so laying around for my down payment. Other stuff like American Airlines Credit Union member and American Quarterhorse Member. Then there was that "Farm Bureau" thing and "Certificate Holder", which I don't even know what it means. I'd like to know how many people within 50 miles of me are members of all of these..

UPDATE: I emailed a couple of dealers after my experience Saturday. By Monday morning I had three great offers and two of them were even itemized as for every cost and rebate. By this morning I have an agreement to purchase the exact same trim/mode/color of the vehicle I want for LOWER than even the snake dealer was printing. I know it's not 100% official until I'm driving off the lot, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I think I found someone a little more trustworthy.

The jerk in me wants to rip off an email when this is all done to let the sketchy dealer see my price and return my $.02 to him, but I'm leaning on the side of being an adult and just let things be. But I probably won't email. My feet sent whatever message I could send.

I see an ad like that and make sure to do business with someone else.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Aren't you the guy who always claims great driving skill?
LOL!
Anyway, the part on fleabay is probably a knockoff and not OEM. It'll hold up accordingly as the reflector tarnishes, the lens clouds and water leaks into the assembly.

The part on ebay is genuine Toyota part.
As for driving skills, when adding shelvings I never envisioned I will buy this POS, but here I am.

[Linked Image]

Instead of Copeland Chevrolet,it should be called Dopeland Chevrolet haha
laugh.gif
I'd walk in there with printed out ad in hand,and tell that cutiepie Victoria that I'm here to buy my Caramo
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

[Linked Image]

Instead of Copeland Chevrolet,it should be called Dopeland Chevrolet haha
laugh.gif
I'd walk in there with printed out ad in hand,and tell that cutiepie Victoria that I'm here to buy my Caramo
laugh.gif

I called yesterday and was fed so much bs it was comical.

First they said you had to live in same zip as dealer. If not its 4500 more.

You then need to trade in a Mustang or similar performance car, and also a 2013+ chevy at the same time.

If not, the price is 36k for a base 1SS with only one option.

Loser dealership IMO.

It's up the consumer to read the available Terms & Conditions. If the dealership provides it, shame on the shopper for not reading it first.

Meh.

I only go to dealers because they have the new car/truck that I want. I usually have the deal negotiated online before I go there.

After I buy it they never see me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back