Form-A-Funnel Q+A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually make a terrible mess when I change the oil in my lawn mower. This time it was perfect - not a drop of oil anywhere. I used it for both draining the oil and filling it. I will be buying one or two for a Christmas presents. I have never had anything so easy to use that really worked.

Just picked mine up today. This thing is a lot heavier than you would expect! Very nice quality! Used it to change the oil in my Harley. Worked perfectly. No more oil on my engine! Thanks for a wonderful product!

This is just what I need when changing the oil filter on the Harley. I can't get a clear drain shot and there isn't much room between the filter and frame. Always getting hot oil on to some wiring & connector, tool bag hanging under the frame, and of course the residue that always seem to migrate out from the crooks & crannies for days. Excellent idea.
Being a regular Napa fan, I'll be looking for it next trip - if not locally on shelf I'll have them order me a couple.

I've had mine for a while now but haven't used it until this weekend. It worked great! Much better than the cardboard that I normally bend to keep the oil off the subframe! Cleanup was easy too, just wiped it off and rolled it up!

Great Product!

Originally Posted By: kilgore
Im going to buy of of these tonight.

Why does your msds sheet say aluminum instead of lead?

http://www.newpig.com/wcsstore/NewPigUSCatalogAssetStore/Attachment/documents/msds/MSD203.pdf

Believed they have moved to an aluminum alloy core. So my question is, which is better, the lead or aluminum? I found one of the old ones at Napa with the lead core.

So I'm bumping this because I'm curious, which is better? Is the lead better, but they are moving away from it due to the disposal issue? Or should I have looked for a newer one with the aluminum core?

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but seems like a well-built quality product.

Originally Posted By: Letter_K
Originally Posted By: kilgore
Im going to buy of of these tonight.

Why does your msds sheet say aluminum instead of lead?

http://www.newpig.com/wcsstore/NewPigUSCatalogAssetStore/Attachment/documents/msds/MSD203.pdf

Believed they have moved to an aluminum alloy core. So my question is, which is better, the lead or aluminum? I found one of the old ones at Napa with the lead core.

So I'm bumping this because I'm curious, which is better? Is the lead better, but they are moving away from it due to the disposal issue? Or should I have looked for a newer one with the aluminum core?

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but seems like a well-built quality product.

Got a response back from the company from PiggerAndy I'm guessing to. Basically, it sounds like they wanted to use aluminum for the core, but couldn't find a alloy/process that would yeild results like lead. After further testing about 6 months after they released the product they discovered a alloy/method to produce an aluminum core that would meet their stress testing and produce a slighty lighter product.

BTW, the rebate and extra items they included were awesome. They sent a $2 bill, a 3-pack of PIG Mat absorbant pads, a survey for the Pig Mats with another $1 bill attached. Cool company.

Hello All, My brother got me one and with 5 cars to tend I have found it strong, usable and helpful. I never had a problem trimming a plastic jug for "drip management" but with all those vehicles I ran out of jugs. Enter the reusable "green nitrile open channel hydraulic chute". Works well. Note to Pig: Shoulda made it pink! Ha-Ha Kira

To get this with a discount, try Advanced Auto parts when they have online promo codes for 20% off.

I will do that next time I'm in the US visiting the in laws.

Regards, JC.

Where was this item back in the 60s when I was on the lube rack? I gotta tell the repair shop that changes my oil in cold weather about this. I don't need it for my truck as it has a remote filter on a frame rail. Still the wife's SUV is messy.

I ordered one today... pick-up tommorow in store. AA didn't know what the FAF was... Napa did..The Napa guy was funny... I asked about it and he said... We just had the reps demo these a little while ago... the other counter guys asked him what I wanted (In Spanish)... gotta love this part of town.

We'll see how it is tommorow. I've been told it's more stiff than you'd think based on the promotional videos.

My objectives for it are to re-direct the oil from several vehicle filters that spill on exhaust and driveshafts when you unscrew them.

Hopefully it will be worth the 22.75 out the door.

Ok, got it. I got a Lead one... not that I really care... It bends pretty easily, but making it flat isn't as easy. Overall I like it pretty well, and It will get use on various filters to control mess.

I've been wanting one too. I can't find it locally either. My Napa nor AAP have them in stock. Napa didn't even know how to get one. I know I can order one from AAP online, or I can always order directly from PIG. Is PIG still a sponsor? Haven't seen them around.

I found mine on ebay. Great device to have around during oil and other fluid changes in tight spots.

Originally Posted by Ausfahrt
I seem to be having a tough time acquiring one of these.

A NAPA online search is futile. PIG and some of the other online retailers want me to register or pay roughly $7.00 shipping....or both.

I have yet to see one in any auto parts store.

I accepted the fact that I would pay $25.00 for an innovative new handy product that is made in the USA but I guess not.

Did anyone else have better luck?

They're available on Amazon now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back