2009 Range Rover Sport E-diff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me, or at least tell me how to find out who makes LR019727 Land Rover brand differential oil for their electronic differential? The manual wants this or Castrol BOT 720 which I can't even find.

Thanks for the help.

Incidentally I have emails from Royal Purple and Redline saying I can use their product in my e-diff. Just makes me nervous since the manual specifically calls for the Land Rover part number LR019727. Again thanks.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/e-diff-fluid-75585/

The last post in the thread says the guy just uses Amsoil 75w90. Pretty sure there's nothing fancy about the locker in a Range Rover, it's probably not much different than the locking diff. in a Tacoma from back in the day.

If it was something like a Honda SH-AWD diff. or a GM/Saab Haldex unit, then yes it's important to use the OE fluid. In your application, I'm sure any good 75w-90 will be fine. It doesn't need friction modifier, since it's a locker not LS.

I actually have an email from Amsoil stating they have no product recommended for that application. Only Royal Purple and Redline have answered in the affirmative. Even Castrol somehow says they have no appropriate product even thought the oil cap says to used Castrol products and Castrol BOT 720 is listed as appropriate for the e-diff. Confusing. I'll probably get the Redline as it's readily available where I live and is over 50 percent less than the Land Rover brand.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the Redline fluid. I'm a huge fan of their MTF fluids, and I'm sure their differential fluids are just as good.

Thanks, hope so
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back