Master Programs (MBA/MSc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, i know this is off topic but so intriguing to make new thread for this topic.

does anyone here take master programs in MBA or MSc in Business Analytics and Marketing?

i want to ask about any college that offer MBA or MSc without taking GRE / GMAT as requirements? my reason is i can't afford to take GRE/GMAT because the cost is so expensive. i only afford to take IELTS / IBT TOEFL. my plan is go to USA or Europe.

i am working now as Marketing Development and have bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering

hope you all can give some valuable information. thank you

I am considering doing my MBA and if I remember correctly it will cost me $20-40k tuition. I can't imagine the $250 GMAT would hold me back.

I think Athabaska and Laurentian in Canada do not require GMAT.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by silverrat
I am considering doing my MBA and if I remember correctly it will cost me $20-40k tuition. I can't imagine the $250 GMAT would hold me back.

I think Athabaska and Laurentian in Canada do not require GMAT.

i am looking for scholarship. I am not going to pay the tuition fee by myself.

Canada? Nice. I am researching ot now

The best/cheapest way to get a master's in anything is find a company that offers to pay for it while you are working for them. The downside to that in MANY cases is that you will have to work for them for 2 years min after you finish. If you leave before X time, you will have to pay in full.

My former employer offered reimbursement of up to $10k a year. But all the programs i wanted were in the$ $80k range.

A friend works at a college campus and is getting free tuition that way.

But overall i think a GMAT is pretty standard and not many will accept anything other.

Most MBA programs take the GRE. That being said, you may still want to take the GMAT for scholarship consideration. Extremely high scores help a lot to distinguish yourself. Tuition can be as high as $140K for some programs.

Originally Posted by bowlofturtle
The best/cheapest way to get a master's in anything is find a company that offers to pay for it while you are working for them. The downside to that in MANY cases is that you will have to work for them for 2 years min after you finish. If you leave before X time, you will have to pay in full.

My former employer offered reimbursement of up to $10k a year. But all the programs i wanted were in the$ $80k range.

A friend works at a college campus and is getting free tuition that way.

But overall i think a GMAT is pretty standard and not many will accept anything other.

those words i bold. that is the things that i pursue when i am working in international company but my company i work there does not support the employee as such things. so in order to find the way i can study abroad and work in oversees is to find scholarship.

do you know about graduate assistantship program? i just found that from this program, they can give me some kind of scholarship but in return i need to work with them for certain time. seems like with this procedure i need to seek some people that can give a chance.

Originally Posted by NO2
Most MBA programs take the GRE. That being said, you may still want to take the GMAT for scholarship consideration. Extremely high scores help a lot to distinguish yourself. Tuition can be as high as $140K for some programs.

yeah you are right. i just checked most MBA programs that doesnt require GMAT/GRE will take high requirement score in Bachelor Degree GPA and high score IELTS/TOEFL.

my last IELTS is only 5.5 and they require 7.5. still a lot way to do.

I would forget the MBA route and look at a true Masters in Analytics. DePaul in Chicago offers a Predictive Analytics Masters with a concentration in Marketing. Bonus they don't require GMAT / GRE.

Will second the others -get a job that will help pay for your tuition. It will also be much better to be going to class and have access to your work data to use for homework (if you can) and more importantly apply what you learned in class to your work.

Originally Posted by NYSteve
I would forget the MBA route and look at a true Masters in Analytics. DePaul in Chicago offers a Predictive Analytics Masters with a concentration in Marketing. Bonus they don't require GMAT / GRE.

Will second the others -get a job that will help pay for your tuition. It will also be much better to be going to class and have access to your work data to use for homework (if you can) and more importantly apply what you learned in class to your work.

aah yes, i plan to choose business analytics for the concentration. i would love to check the information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back