Motomaster Formula 1 Synthetic 5W-30 new baseline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks cdlamb for sharing once again.

I still can't get over how the starting TBN is a mere 6.1. If you go on to PQIA's website, the industry standard for TBN 6.1 to 8.3. If the lab results are accurate, the TBN is at the lower limit of that standard.

Shell's conventional 5W-30 has a starting TBN of over 7.

Originally Posted by sir1900
Thanks cdlamb for sharing once again.

I still can't get over how the starting TBN is a mere 6.1. If you go on to PQIA's website, the industry standard for TBN 6.1 to 8.3. If the lab results are accurate, the TBN is at the lower limit of that standard.

Shell's conventional 5W-30 has a starting TBN of over 7.

If this VOA is accurate and that the TBN is really 6.1, I don't think the Motomaster Formula 1 Synthetic is worth buying at all. QSU and PP both made by Shell and both are cheaper than Motomaster F1 Syn when QSU and PP are on sale. Walmart had the QSU for 28.88 for 5L just recently.

Shell Canada does not supply ANY bulk lubricants to Canadian Tire anymore, all are CITGO-made, and imported from the US.

CT buys Shell lubricants (Pennzoil, QS) from a third party supplier - CT corporate and Shell corporate are NOT on speaking terms right now.

No offense, but this VOA was a bit of a waste, BC the new CT synthetics likely look fairly different, and almost all the Shell-made stuff is gone.

Originally Posted by addyguy
CT buys Shell lubricants (Pennzoil, QS) from a third party supplier - CT corporate and Shell corporate are NOT on speaking terms right now.

At least it hasn't been obviously detrimental to pricing.

Originally Posted by addyguy
Shell Canada does not supply ANY bulk lubricants to Canadian Tire anymore, all are CITGO-made, and imported from the US.

No offense, but this VOA was a bit of a waste, BC the new CT synthetics likely look fairly different, and almost all the Shell-made stuff is gone.

People could still have it on the shelf waiting to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back