Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been to Japan? I have friends there and I plan on visiting within the next few years. I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. Anthony Bourdain said Tokyo would be his city of choice if he had to choose.

I've been there three times, all work related. Japan is a very nice country. Spring is awesome and by far the most pleasant time to visit. Mid-summer is hot, humid and rainy so, I would avoid that time of year if possible.

Would love to visit. Given location, density, etc., not sure it would be my choice of places in the world, but would definitely like to tour and eat my way around...

I would love to go to see some of the cars and drive at Twin Ring Motegi, Fuji, and Suzuka. The food scares me for the most part though, I am a really picky eater.

I got to spend two weeks there once,courtesy of Uncle Sam. We could learn a few lessons on common courtesy and respect for our neighbors from the Japanese.

I have been there several times. It's very beautiful and clean. Tokyo is massive. The Kansai region has the history especially in Nara. Hokkaido is very scenic and mostly rural.

The hospitality is perhaps the best on the planet.

Lived just outside Sapporo in a small town called Chitose from 1965 until 1968. We did take and extended trip south to Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Nikko. Lots of fun and interesting things to see.

Sounds great. I can't wait to visit. I've always had an interest in Japan. I believe it started when I was a kid and got the first Nintendo game system in 1985. When I was 12, I remember odering a Japanese video game from Japan. As I got older, I ended up meeting and working with some Japanese people. I continued to be intrigued by the culture and country.

I have been all over Japan, (Nippon) and love almost all of it.

It can be hard to find food that is good to eat.
Baby octopus never gets tender, no matter how long you chew it.
I ate a LOT of udon noodles when there.

"Lime candy" just looks like it - but it's REALLY seaweed flavored.
"Mint Ice Cream" is actually unsweetened green tea ice cream.

I'm going in November with my job. Our main manufacturing plant and head office is in Japan.
grin2.gif

Been to China many times and I am sure it is somewhat similar....but probably better in Japan. Two things you will crave after a week there....space away from people and sugar....lol. Having grown up in Minnesota with lots of open space, the crowds will wear you down and the Asians have a very low sugar diet.

My main interest is to ski it as it has amazing conditions. People who have gone for that purpose rave about the country otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back