Cut open: GM/ACDelco 24236933 6L80 transmission filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter came off my 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3 with the 6L80 transmission. Filter was in service for 129,540 miles (2,780 hours). Was replaced with an ACDelco 24236933 which appears to crossover to the GM 24236517 number that is molded on the original filter. Overall the filter looked good. I was able to split it open and open the media which is folded over on itself. I assume this isn't a very fine filter and is designed to catch mostly larger particles.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Nice shots. I changed mine at 45k and from the appearance of the fluid, magnet and pan could have gone a lot longer.
What did the magnet look like, and had you done any previous fluid transfers?

Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
Nice shots. I changed mine at 45k and from the appearance of the fluid, magnet and pan could have gone a lot longer.
What did the magnet look like, and had you done any previous fluid transfers?

The magnet had light layer of fine shavings. Wiped it clean fairly quickly. I did do a couple drain/fills (usually 3 exchanges a couple days apart) by pulling fluid through the dipstick. Would usually get about 3.5 quarts out. Used MaxLife ATF each time.

Most trans filters will filter out stuff the size of grains of sand, and everything else smaller flows right through.

I have a 10 micron spin-on Baldwin filter in the trans line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back