Not open for further replies.
Braum's Restaurants
Sonic Drive In
Hobby Lobby
QuikTrip
LegalShield (aka Prepaid Legal)
Love's Travel Stops
Orange Leaf FroYo

Cameco, the world's largest Uranium miner.

Hitachi's only plant outside Japan although it just closed; made generators for power plants. Cool thing was they had to construct one or more unique rail cars for each generator. About one in three new generators installed in power plants in US / Canada / Mexico since about 1980 came from the plant here (competitors are GE and Siemens). The plant, which features the largest machining and fabrication equipment in Canada, will be reborn by new owner Brandt Industries, whom are a Heavy Equipment manufacturer and reseller in Western Canada, but won't result in a "Global Brand' like Hitachi was. 400 people were laid off from Hitachi, and Brandt will hire 500 for the 21- acre complex.

But the one that probably fits the OP's question best would probably be DraganFly Innovations, who have been selling Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (drones) for more than two decades to Law Enforcement, Security, Film, Safety, and other industries. Founder Zenon Dragan still runs the company from here. Popular Mechanics (2008 "Best of What's New") ABEX award, MIT, Vanderbilt University, NBC, Walt Disney Company, United Nations, the FAA uses them as their test platform (it is certified for night operation and has a US nationwide FAA COA (largest number of deployed FAA approved UAS's operating in the US), Canada SFOC approval, a number of the world's military's and border / prison / security agencies.

Originally Posted by Johnny2Bad

But the one that probably fits the OP's question best would probably be DraganFly Innovations, who have been selling Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (drones) for more than two decades to Law Enforcement, Security, Film, Safety, and other industries. Founder Zenon Dragan still runs the company from here. Popular Mechanics (2008 "Best of What's New") ABEX award, MIT, Vanderbilt University, NBC, Walt Disney Company, United Nations, the FAA uses them as their test platform (it is certified for night operation and has a US nationwide FAA COA (largest number of deployed FAA approved UAS's operating in the US), Canada SFOC approval, a number of the world's military's and border / prison / security agencies.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, that's good stuff!
thumbsup2.gif

Incat - builder of some of the best high speed catamarans anywhere, and their vessels are in service all around the world.
Sullivans Cove whisky.

Last edited:
S.C. Johnson (aka Johnson Wax), a family owned company since 1886 located in Racine, WI.
Some of the "household name" products that they produce include... Raid, OFF!, Windex, Glade, Ziplock, KIWI, Kit, Grand Prix, Black Magic, Pledge, Fantastic, Edge, Shout, Drano, Baygon, Scrubbing Bubbles, Saran, and many more. Who doesn't have one or more of these products in their house right now?

Versa Valves is near me (big plastic valves for swimming pools etc.).

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce just ceased production in Fair Lawn, NJ and went to "Heinz-land".
Repurposing the building involved ridding the anchovy smell. I never smelled anything exit that plant.

I believe Manson tape (Paterson, NJ) is still being marketed.

PERSONAL NOTE: A friend's son bought a car from a lady who worked at the Ben & Jerry's plant in So. Burlington, VT.
There's a freezer case in the office's waiting room.
Can anyone guess what's in it?

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
Originally Posted by spasm3
Texas Pete

Krispy Kreme !

Forgot about that one! I should have remembered that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back