1 Mower, 2 blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about getting a new blade for the mower so that I can rotate them.
I'll have one sharpened and once a year exchange it for the one that has been dull and used.

I have a 10 year old toro recycler, I run 40 weight high mileage oil in it an it runs like a dream.

Just go with OEM blade? Or is there something else I should use?

Grass is mainly St. Augustine with some Bermuda here in North Texas.

Before I moved away from the city and used a push mower, I'd sharpen the blade twice a season myself. There is no need to have two blades when you can
sharpen and replace as needed. Very simple to do at home and not worth the hassle of having someone else do it for you.
If you happen to have a Toro Super Recycler, I'd go with the OEM blade. If you have a Toro Recycler, look at an Oregon Gator blade. Assuming you mulch of course.

I actually have that same blade balancer shown in the video. https://www.amazon.com/Stens-750-04...49&sr=8-2&keywords=blade+balance

Helpful video:

I keep spare blades sharpened. I also keep a gator type blade for my riding mower. I use that blade fall and spring for leaves. Does not cut the lawn as smooth but chops up leaves better. My toro zero turn cuts really smooth with the to stock blades, but the high blade speed blows leaves out of the deck with out chopping them. I use the gator type blades for the last few mows of the fall and the first 2 of spring.

No man should ever be told he can't have two blades for his mower.
If I were told that, I would request (3) new mower blades for Christmas presents, one each from my wife, 1st daughter / 2nd daughter.

Fight back and never give up. Get a 12pk of new blades eventually..... all different colors.
banana2.gif

I sharpen myself but have several sets, so one is always ready to go. I sharpen the others on a rainy day, the are hung on the wall and ready to go. I acutally have 3 sets for my rider. 2 sets of toro oem blades and the gator set.

"No man should ever be told he can't have two blades for his mower."

I believe those words are included in The Declaration of Universal Human Rights.

Didn't Kavanaugh give testimony to such?

Originally Posted by Kira
"No man should ever be told he can't have two blades for his mower."

I believe those words are included in The Declaration of Universal Human Rights.

Pick up an extra OEM blade, keep one sharp on hand, and swap as needed.
Much handier and time efficient to keep an extra on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back