Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh I agree.. those are the regular prices.

The sale one is $22 and change for Valvoline, Castrol
Black container, Mobill 1 regular FS. The Mobil 1 Extended Performance is $25 plus change on sale... Castrol EP is $27 plus change on sale.

Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic is $25 plus change not on sale I believe. So you are correct on that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Valvoline has jacked up the price just like some of the other big boys. But guess what keep your eye out for sales because even though Valvoline is good oil you can get other good full synthetics oils for less money.

They all seem to be competitively priced.

I agree. Valvoline is typically on sale for the same price as Castrol, Mobil 1, and Pennzoil at Wally World. Usually $22 plus change for any of those Advanced full synthetic oils on sale aka Pennzoil Castrol Mobil 1 or Valvoline. Only the "higher" level ones are $25-$27 plus on sale there.

Lowest current price at my Wally World is $24 dollars and change and $25 and change for Maxlife full synthetic.

My WM sells VAS for $21.97 for the jug.

Black container, Mobill 1 regular FS. The Mobil 1 Extended Performance is $25 plus change on sale... Castrol EP is $27 plus change on sale.

Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic is $25 plus change not on sale I believe. So you are correct on that.

This is correct. Most of the big sellers are within a buck or two. It's not that big a difference unless you are tight with money then that's where Supertech and Rural King and other budget brands come into play.

This is correct. Most of the big sellers are within a buck or two. It's not that big a difference unless you are tight with money then that's where Supertech and Rural King and other budget brands come into play.

Tell ya what PimTac...

Last pm at my Wally world the Mobil 1 Extended Performance section was hammered... Some there but those viscosities/lineup had sold really well... No 5w30 at all. Regular M1 had sold ok too. Mobil 1 AP= Full. And collecting dust well
smile.gif

Tell ya what PimTac...

Last pm at my Wally world the Mobil 1 Extended Performance section was hammered... Some there but those viscosities/lineup had sold really well... No 5w30 at all. Regular M1 had sold ok too. Mobil 1 AP= Full. And collecting dust well
smile.gif

M1 is very prominent at our WM. Supertech as well. Valvoline has their section down the aisle. The VME was stocked at eye level and seems to be moving though the actual stock is smaller than VAS. M1 AP is on the top shelf and is just sitting.

I think M1 EP is their big seller too. I wish we had access to sales figures for specific product lines.

In a 2018 Caravan with the 3.6 PentaStar engine you could run bottom basic conventional oil that meets the MS-6395 spec and change it as per the Oil Life monitor whenever it says and it will have a long life.

My dad's 2012 that has the same engine as yours has seen conventional it's whole life and he now uses sale priced oils with fram filter cartridges and it's got over 300K. Not using any oil at all.

What you should do is change the ATF & filter in the "Sealed for Life" transmission at least every 60K miles. (Trust me you will thank me later). You can get a dipstick made by Dorman on RockAuto for like $20 to check the level. If you don't have a scan tool just check it first thing in the morning cold. It has temperatures on the dipstick of where it should be when. This ATF change is a piece of cake to do.

Drive happy those are bullet proof engines and transmissions if cared for with decent maintenance.

Last edited:
17.87 at Wal-Mart with Synthetic 24.97. Not much but price wasn't concern. Concern is Dodge recommendations are conventional oil. Last and only vehicle I ran synthetic in started leaking a quart of oil at 3500 mile mark of oil change just over 90k. Never did fix leak but was messy when changing oil.

Thank you StevieC. I ran many cars that way just the Vue leaked oil. I plan to do 50k on Transmission since 5 is an easy number. That is reason for 5k oil change. First Dodge for me in 35 years or so.

Last edited:

Tell ya what PimTac...

smile.gif

M1 is very prominent at our WM. Supertech as well. Valvoline has their section down the aisle. The VME was stocked at eye level and seems to be moving though the actual stock is smaller than VAS. M1 AP is on the top shelf and is just sitting.

I think M1 EP is their big seller too. I wish we had access to sales figures for specific product lines.

Yeah at my Wally world it has generally been where M1 EP has been the best selling oil. With Mobil 1 regular being a close second best seller.

I think the Mobil AP has helped the EP sales quite a bit.

Valvoline is the only company I cannot contact, via email. For about a month, I go to their website and fill out the contact information. Every time I submit I get error code 500. After 5 times I gave up. I'm using chrome browser.

All the other major oil companies have their email address listed.

t's rather ironic. I really like Valvoline and is one of my favorite's. The only company that prevents contact. I understand errors occur, but not for a month.

Originally Posted by tiger862
Thank you StevieC. I ran many cars that way just the Vue leaked oil. I plan to do 50k on Transmission since 5 is an easy number. That is reason for 5k oil change. First Dodge for me in 35 years or so.

This is one vehicle that Chrysler got right. You have a great vehicle on your hands... If you can rust proof it I would do so to keep it as long as possible because it will be a high-mile engine for you.

Right now I'm using MaxLife with my Soul with 47,000 miles. No negatives to using that instead of DuraBlend, and the later has pretty much disappeared from local quick lube places. I'm changing at 6K-- 42,48,54,60. At sixty, I might switch back to VWB and do 5K changes.

I'm too old plus live in a condo so I can't change my own. Prices in a number of places that use Valvoline are traditionally the cheapest. I have a VWB coupon for a $5 oil change, although I'm sure shop fees, etc. will probably double that. MaxLife runs about $10 more if you get the rare coupon-- most mailings are $10 off the retail price for red bottle--not a good deal.

At the local Walmart MaxLife and VWB are the same price. If I was buying by the bottle I'd take the red stuff. More likely I'd grab a no-name synthetic at an even lower price. Interestingly the last service writer I talked to at the quick change price told me most of them do MaxLife as it's the most bang for the buck. MaxLife or VWB, they're all semi-syn at 5-20/5-30 and you can't go wrong with either.

Last edited:
If you catch Napa when they have their Premium Performance on sale it's not a bad deal without having to deal with a rebate, I paid $13.45 for 5 quarts last time.

Valvoline is down 17 percent from its 52 week high and the stock is F rated by Charles Schwab. It sells for less today than when the stock went IPO two years ago. For comparison the Dow Jones average has gained 40 percent in those same two years since VVV entered the market.

Your definition of tanked is misleading. The stock is off 10% from its highs. That is not tanked.

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=VVV&qsearchterm=valve

wdn said:
Valvoline makes good oil. I am not surprised it is a synthetic blend that they market as a conventional oil.

Nowadays they have to try harder, since the company recently went public Valvoline stock has tanked and stayed low, and is now an F rated stock.

You can use any API oil brand that the engine calls for. No brand over the other will extend engine life so pick what makes you happy.
I think, based on your question, you are making a good choice.

I don't know if you have an Autozone near you but here in AL Autozone has a sale on Mobil 1 and a Mobil 1 extended performance filter for 29.99
Mobil 1 has a $17 rebate on right now which makes the deal 12.99 which is a great deal on that oil and filter
Mobil 1 will serve you well

Originally Posted by 77GrandPrix
I contacted them with a question about a month ago and they replied the same day.

You should private-message member Onetar with the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back