2011 Durango Citadel 5.7l Hemi battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my battery tested today at interstate battery and was told current battery is marginal at 80% of OE CCA. It has had intermittent starting issues so I was thinking about starting here since it's getting worse. Any brand that are recommended or I should avoid?

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Is this the OE battery? If so, it lasted 7 years, get another one.

Yes OE battery.

Originally Posted by Mathew_Boss
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Is this the OE battery? If so, it lasted 7 years, get another one.

Yes OE battery.

Then I'd buy another.

I don't know which supplier was mopar's battery maker 7 years back,,but Mopar was Exide then switched to East Penn/Deka...so it was one of the 2.Buying an Interstate will mean Johnson Controls....battery maker #3.... I wonder who makes Motorcraft batteries...those have a good track record....

JC makes Motorcraft batteries I believe.

Key to car batteries being good is being bought being freshly manufactured. Two if the battery sat for awhile... A good charge being applied to prevent sulfation. Three a battery being kept in cool temps.

East Penn made batteries now at Walmart are a good deal. Especially the commonly purchased ones like the 24, 24f, 35, 51, 58r, 65 etc. In my Wally world I saw batteries in those sizes just the other day... And they were all newly manufactured batteries. Dates all August and September..

Had my battery tested today at interstate battery and was told current battery is marginal at 80% of OE CCA. It has had interentment starting issues so I was thinking about starting here since it's getting worse. Any brand that are recommended or I should avoid?

COSTCO sells interstate batteries with 42 month free replacement at about 25% less than walmart.

Originally Posted by oilmutt
Had my battery tested today at interstate battery and was told current battery is marginal at 80% of OE CCA. It has had interentment starting issues so I was thinking about starting here since it's getting worse. Any brand that are recommended or I should avoid?

COSTCO sells interstate batteries with 42 month free replacement at about 25% less than walmart.

I actually looked there on their web site. It said they dont carry a battery for my application. Same thing AAA battery service said. It's odd in that Dodge uses the same batter from the Charger to the Ram but a lot of places dont carry that size.

Menards has a group 94/H7 ACDELCO available for your vehicle. Don't know who builds ACDELCO nowadays.

Ended up with an Autocraft platinum AGM. Same specs as Interstate batteries so may be same manufacturer. It has started right up 3 times since replacement. The real test will be tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by sloinker
Menards has a group 94/H7 ACDELCO available for your vehicle. Don't know who builds ACDELCO nowadays.

Hankook.

80%? that's great! I can't imagine starting issues resulting from a battery working at 80%. Either their tester is optimistic, or you have another problem. There's no harm in replacing a 7 year old battery for peace of mind, just be prepared that it may not resolve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back