What's everyone's favorite wax while you dry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
I'm looking for something I can spray on after washing the car while it's still wet and dry off with a terry cloth. Meguiar's is usually my go to, does anyone have any experience with their Quik Wax or have any other suggestions?

The car is red, has stripes and trim that I don't want to get wax on, also I don't want to introduce any swirl marks so looking for something non-abrasive with no rubbing.

I put a sealant on my car once a year and then in between I use Mothers Gold Wash/Wax. It's cheap and does a great job lifting dirt/debris from the surface and makes lots of foam in my foam cannon on my pressure washer but you can do by hand too, foaming it in a bucket with just the garden hose. I then follow-up with my synthetic chamois and then with a microfiber towel and that's it. Takes me about 1/2 hour to do my SUV. I do it twice a week with the miles I drive and leaves a very nice shine. It also keeps the water beading off the glass in between washes which is better than Rain-X

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-California-Carnauba-Bundled-Microfiber/dp/B07D85KXP6/

https://www.amazon.com/CleanTools-42149-Absorber-Synthetic-Chamois/dp/B0000AY3X0/ (Amazing for getting the bulk of the water off your vehicle)

Last edited:
I have had good luck with Eagle One Was-As-U-Dry aerosol, and it is still only $2.90 for a large 18 ounce can at Amazon

Eagle One Wax-As-You-Dry

It works great and you don't have to use much of it either.

I've tried Megs QW and thought it seemed like a watered down liquid wax. After you wipe it around you have to buff off the residue. Duragloss Aquawax is much better. You spray and wipe. No residue to buff off. It's also a spray sealant. I tried Eagle One Wax as You Dry when it first came out and it seemed similar to Megs QW. But this was a long time ago and they may have changed it. But I don't feel like trying it again.

Equally as important is the drying process. Use a plush MF drying towel. That way you don't cause swirls in the paint.

I also like Ultima Detailer that has a little cleaner in it along with some sealant. About $20 for the concentrate that makes 32 bottles of cleaner. Prefer it over AW mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wdn
I have had good luck with Eagle One Was-As-U-Dry aerosol, and it is still only $2.90 for a large 18 ounce can at Amazon

Eagle One Wax-As-You-Dry

That's just what I was looking for! I ordered a can, thanks!

Originally Posted by StevieC
I put a sealant on my car once a year and then in between I use Mothers Gold Wash/Wax. It's cheap and does a great job lifting dirt/debris from the surface and makes lots of foam in my foam cannon on my pressure washer but you can do by hand too, foaming it in a bucket with just the garden hose. I then follow-up with my synthetic chamois and then with a microfiber towel and that's it. Takes me about 1/2 hour to do my SUV. I do it twice a week with the miles I drive and leaves a very nice shine. It also keeps the water beading off the glass in between washes which is better than Rain-X

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-California-Carnauba-Bundled-Microfiber/dp/B07D85KXP6/

https://www.amazon.com/CleanTools-42149-Absorber-Synthetic-Chamois/dp/B0000AY3X0/ (Amazing for getting the bulk of the water off your vehicle)

I was reading a thread a few weeks ago about using a foam cannon with the pressure washer. Do you think it makes washing easier?

I would never go back to the old way. I absolutely love my foam cannon.
grin2.gif

I also use it to clean the windows on the house with Vinegar in the bottle instead of soap and then I fill it with a wash/wax product I use for the car to leave a coating on them that causes the water to bead off. Keeps them clean for a long time.

Just use a soap that produces lots of suds and it will work well in the cannon.

Last edited:
Megs Gold Class Wash followed up with Turtle Wax spay ICE (Once a year Megs sealant) .

Originally Posted by wdn

Eagle One Wax-As-You-Dry

Just put in "2" on amazon and received 4 cans of the stuff! $6 total.

The stuff works well too!

Duragloss Aquawax. Not easy to find locally since Carquest went away but readily available on line. Works the best out all I have tried and does have some durability as well. Great Coconut smell.

Not a wax...Gyeon SiO2 spray. You spray it on a wet car, rinse it with a strong stream of water, and dry as normal. Great stuff.

Another Aquawax vote. It does not contain wax, it is a sealant and made for your particular application. It can also be used on a clean dry surface. It gets even slicker after 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back