AmazonBasics 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's going to be the first to run this? AmazonBasics 0w20.

Priced a little high for a private label, especially Amazon. If it was $18ish or lower it would be a solid choice for an every day purchase price. Label shows that it's a Warren lube.

Although I have an engine that calls for this type of oil and I'm a prime member. Ahem..... NOT A CHANCE!
lol.gif

As StevieC said, I too, am an Amazon member but for the price, I would be much more likely to run Supertech synthetic. It's pretty much the same price as name brand synthetics.

Originally Posted by wdn
It is Ashland Oil company who makes it.

Ashland stopped oil production when Valvoline was spun off. It's actually Supertech oil. There is a previous thread on this

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I think it is SuperTech.
More than likely. Especially so, the ST Syn in areas blended by Warren Dist/WPP.

That being the case, for ~$6 less a jug and readily available off WM shelf, makes ST the easy choice imo. ST price right and I'd use with complete confidence.

Discussed AB oil discussed recently in link. Amazon will have to drop the price if they have any interest in competing.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4827485/Who_makes_AmazonBasics_Full_Sy

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I think it is SuperTech.

I didn't know Supertech made oil.

Originally Posted by wdn
It is Ashland Oil company who makes it.

It's Warren. Says so right on the jug.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I can buy a major brand of oil for less.

This and its a competitor in my mind with Supertech which is currently on sale at my Walmart for $15 and change. Poor Jeffy is going to beat that price for awhile before I'll even give it a look.

When I've looked at this stuff before, it looks to be the other Warren.

Every thing looks identical to the stuff sold under the "AutoQuest" oil we have at Meijer.( House brand) made by Warren oil company of Dunn, NC.

I'm on my third oci with the AutoQuest 0w20... Didn't remember to take a sample. but... If I can remember I'll try and get this one in the spring....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SilverFusion2010
I dunno I hate dealing with wal-martians so maybe.

LOL its only your money I just buy from who will give me the best deal an Amazon low price tie doesn't buy them my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back