Using high mileage oil full synthetic go back non high mileage oil full syntheti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Honda Pilot 2007 more than 300k I have being using high mileage conventional from last 100k now from last 30k I am using pennnzoil platinum high mileage 0w20 but now I have few regular full synthetic oil from valvoline full synthetic I bought from roses clearance 5 qt for $10.99 . My car has little oil leak but not major leak . Did going to regular full synthetic oil can make major leak because high mileage oil for years ?

I have seen YouTube video and also try bobtheoil forums but I cannot find any form any comments will appreciate it?

Originally Posted by Toh1
I have Honda Pilot 2007 more than 300k I have being using high mileage conventional from last 100k now from last 30k I am using pennnzoil platinum high mileage 0w20 but now I have few regular full synthetic oil from valvoline full synthetic I bought from roses clearance 5 qt for $10.99 . My car has little oil leak but not major leak . Did going to regular full synthetic oil can make major leak because high mileage oil for years ?

Do you have any HM top off oil left? If so I'd just put in the regular oil and top it off with the last quart being HM I bet you don't see a change in your small leak.

I have like 10 qts of 10w30 full synthetic high mileage max life from valvoline and few jugs of pennnzoil platinum high mileage 0w20 and Mobil 1 high mileage 0w20 and 5w20 I have high mileage oil that I can use 50/50 regular full synthetic oil and high mileage full synthetic oil?

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
If I lived in Georgia with a 2007 Pilot, I'd use 5w-20. That's what goes in my 2007 Ridgeline.

Dont mean to thread jack but...

You know, a lot of people on here keep recommending 5W in climates like Georgia and Texas but I did a UOA on my wife's '07 Accord that has over 130K now and have been using 0W-20 for the last few oil changes. The UOA results came back way below average wear rates and performed good with the year and mileage of the vehicle. We also saw a big boost in MPG on long road trips when we both switched to 0W-20 on our vehicles (check sig). So I'm not even sure if I should even switch back to 5W-20?

If you saw a "big boost" in MPG between 5W-20 and 0W-20 it was not due to the oil. That is not possible, especially on long trips.

Originally Posted by crazy_raccoon
Dont mean to thread jack but...

You know, a lot of people on here keep recommending 5W in climates like Georgia and Texas but I did a UOA on my wife's '07 Accord that has over 130K now and have been using 0W-20 for the last few oil changes. The UOA results came back way below average wear rates and performed good with the year and mileage of the vehicle. We also saw a big boost in MPG on long road trips when we both switched to 0W-20 on our vehicles (check sig). So I'm not even sure if I should even switch back to 5W-20?

Originally Posted by kschachn
If you saw a "big boost" in MPG between 5W-20 and 0W-20 it was not due to the oil. That is not possible, especially on long trips.

100% true.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by kschachn

100% true.

I don't know what to tell you guys then because all I did was change the oil and filter. My wife didn't even know that I changed them at the time when she was driving back and forth from Houston to Dallas. We also use Lucas UCL when we fill at cheaper end gas stations or places that have ethanol (majority now). She even asked me what the [censored] did I do to the car that got higher MPG. Her vehicle looked like it gained an additional 30-50 miles than usual. I couldn't believe it myself because usually fuel products are advertised snake oils but I do it out of habit and it was the second OCI ever to have 0W-20 oil in her vehicle.

Originally Posted by PimTac
If I remember correctly, the Georgia the OP is from is not the state.

Oh, my mistake. Must of read the OPs original post quickly.

Thank you so much for all the replies I will mix high mileage and regular full synthetic oil oil and used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back