What's on the shelves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 1991AirCooled
Which oil is popular in Australia?

As Shannow said, many here would use Castrol Magnatec 10W40 semi-synthetic or GTX 15W40 mineral.

However, if you ask for something "a bit better" then everybody grabs Penrite. I know a few guys who only use Penrite and refuse to touch anything else.

Most oils here carry both American API specs and Euro ACEA specs, so that Magnatec 10W40 would be API SN/CF and ACEA A3/B4.

Getting to open peoples boots nearly everyday, I get to see their most secret things, old nappies and what a 3 week old kina looks and smells like. I also find 4 litre packs of oil, the most common is Havoline 20W-40.

Originally Posted by addyguy

You guys are so spoiled for thicker oil choices - up here it is all 0W-20 through 10W-30; and barely any 10W-40 or higher.

So you don't get stuff like Valvoline SynPower 10W50 ?

SynPower10W50.JPG

SynPower10W50_back.JPG

Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
We get Synpower 10W-50 here in Spain but it's labeled as a 4T Motorcycle oil.

Good point, we didn't even GET to the motorcycle section...

Our selection compared to Oz's is like the toy department at Sears compared to Toys-R-Us in their hay-day. Wow!

Originally Posted by wemay
Our selection compared to Oz's is like the toy department at Sears compared to Toys-R-Us in their hay-day. Wow!

Yeah that is true indeed. We are in the trailer park and they are in the custom built high end home neighborhood
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back