Why People Dislike a CVT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by edyvw
A six year old BMW does not squeak, still has smaller gaps in interior then new Subaru, and when it turns 20 it will drive better than new Subaru.

Congratulations!!! If it does not squeak in another 5 years it will equal my 177K mile Forester, or my 17 year old 150K mile Nissan Sentra SE....That do not squeak. Pretty low bar for an over priced car.

Well it is nice to see BMW making progress. A number of years ago they were on the low scale of quality. Good to see!!

The way Subaru's drive I would not be surprised you have still original brakes on that one with 177k.

If that thing that slow and underpowered cannot get 40mpg, then engineers of that car should shoot themselves.

I get 40-45 Canadian mpg from the Forester on a good day (and I've seen the gauge hit 55mpg for a short period at 40mph). But if you're going uphill at 4k rpm, you're not going to get that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by emg
If that thing that slow and underpowered cannot get 40mpg, then engineers of that car should shoot themselves.

I get 40-45 Canadian mpg from the Forester on a good day (and I've seen the gauge hit 55mpg for a short period at 40mph). But if you're going uphill at 4k rpm, you're not going to get that.

Of course, everything depends how you drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back