Penrite CVT Chain vs Redline Non Slip CVT vs OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems only OEM offering long drain interval, wonder if really OEM Subaru Lineartronic or High Torque CVT is better on protection and durability as well?

Originally Posted by kr_bitog
It seems only OEM offering long drain interval, wonder if really OEM Subaru Lineartronic or High Torque CVT is better on protection and durability as well?

Take the drain interval and cut it in half ! Use only OEM recommended fluid and that will protect you vehicle better than any claims made by anybody.

Last edited:
Castrol also makes a good CVT fluid
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Pelican

Take the drain interval and cut it in half ! Use only OEM recommended fluid and that will protect you vehicle better than any claims made by anybody.

Why?

Not trying to be ignorant, but I've been looking into CVT fluild alternatives to the Subaru CVTF II. Trying to select which product to use for my Outback's 120k mile service. So far I can't find any data to show that the OEM fluid is any better than the aftermarket fluids. Nor can I find any data to support claims that products like those from Amsoil are significantly superior. So I'm honestly curious. What do you base your claim upon?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Pelican

Seems to me OEM fluids have never been top tier, Toyota WS comes to mind, and also Honda DW-1 comes to mind, both NOTHING special and only a high profit for the OEMs who pay a low price for below average oils. Sorry, I will pay for the boutique oils and skip a dinner for 2 at Taco Bell to make up the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back