1980 Chevrolet C/K 20 ...$45,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle Description :
Incredible 100% original barn find. This truck was found on a farm in Canada. It had been stored in a well sealed barn for many years. Odometer is in kilometers. Equates to 450 miles. 350 Automatic .Completely original. Only tires have been changed. Gas tanks, lines and brake systems cleaned, purged, etc...Starts, runs and drives like new. $45,000
crazy2.gif

WHAT!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/C-K-20/192636504224?hash=item2cda07c8a0:g:zZUAAOSwL1hbgCy7&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
I see those crazy prices all the time.
I remember my brother had an 83 and it rode like a meat wagon brand new
It was complete torture riding in that turd even on the interstate.

I wouldn't take it for free.

Originally Posted by Warstud
Any way to get the link to work without copying/pasting ?

In the Full Editor, click the button with the globe and a chain link. That'll give you a clickable button

LINK

There's been a (relative) bunch of these squarebodies found in Canada over the past couple years. Prices all over the board. There's a c30 chassis cab with lower miles than this c20 for sale for ~$17k right now. Looks to be as flawless as this one, too.

These squares are increasing in value every day. I learned to drive in them (we had a K20 and a c30 on our farm, both 78s). My first vehicle was an '87 V10, which I still have. I love them, but like every vehicle...not everybody does.

Originally Posted by cpayne5
There's been a (relative) bunch of these squarebodies found in Canada over the past couple years. Prices all over the board. There's a c30 chassis cab with lower miles than this c20 for sale for ~$17k right now. Looks to be as flawless as this one, too.

These squares are increasing in value every day. I learned to drive in them (we had a K20 and a c30 on our farm, both 78s). My first vehicle was an '87 V10, which I still have. I love them, but like every vehicle...not everybody does.
They have a certain charm, but the problem I always have with them is the GMT 400 is so much better. They are awesome trucks, especially the 70s ones. I can't see spending collector prices on one, when you know that once the GMT 400 is old enough that is going to be the one everyone wants. The time to sell your vintage square is right now.

I have trouble spending collector prices on low mileage, but otherwise normal options. If it's a C20 I want a 402/454, not a farmer special 350/350 combo.

Originally Posted by Needleman
Yes, what's up with the firewall -- looks like it's been replaced -- cut and resealed with undercoating.

That's factory.

There's surprisingly little information about this truck. Says C/K20. So which is it? C20 or K20?

And "V8" is the only engine description. Not too helpful.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Some folks are really into Square Bodies...

I think an 80 is probably about the least desirable year though...

Yeah, it's kind of the ugly duckling with those square headlights. They feel out of place in that grill.

I never understood the love many have for these trucks. The cabs are junk. The doors always rattle,gotta slam them just to shut them. Cams would go flat often. Quadrajet carburetor is a pain to fix and if its an automatic it will have a lock up converter that year that had design flaws.

Looks like a 2wd/C20 in the pic I saw in my itty bitty phone.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
There's surprisingly little information about this truck. Says C/K20. So which is it? C20 or K20?

And "V8" is the only engine description. Not too helpful.

The seller listed the VIN, which tells you it's a C20 with a 350. The pictures also tell the story.
smile.gif

My guess is that it's owned by someone who's trying to flip it for big $$, but doesn't really understand what he does and doesn't have. It appears to be a very nice truck, but not worth $45k today (unless someone out there absolutely has to have it, of course). It's probably a solid $20-25k truck. If it were a mid 70s or 80s C10 (or even a K10 with the right buyer..) short bed, in that shape, then $45k may not be completely out of the question. Still on the high side...but more people out there looking for those.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
I never understood the love many have for these trucks. The cabs are junk. The doors always rattle,gotta slam them just to shut them. Cams would go flat often. Quadrajet carburetor is a pain to fix and if its an automatic it will have a lock up converter that year that had design flaws.

Looks like a 2wd/C20 in the pic I saw in my itty bitty phone.

Why do you say the cabs are junk? Serious question.

The door rattle/hard-to-shut is a cheap, 30 second fix.

With just about every vehicle, popularity increases 20-30 years after they were produced. That's about how long it takes the kids who grew up in them to have the disposable income to be able to afford the vehicles they fondly remember from their youth. When I was in high school 20 years ago, it was 67-72s. Next will be the 400s, and the 800s after that. Not sure the 900s will every be desirable. Just kidding!
smile.gif
Maybe.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I never understood the love many have for these trucks. e.

I agree...I like the looks of these the best >>>>

The main reason some of these are [trying to] command high prices is because all the ones that were actually driven have turned into rust powder. I loved the trucks, but those bodies. When they got the rust somewhat under order, the paint couldn't hang onto the primer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back