Who thought $2 gas would last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PandaBear
Usually you can tell by whether an oil company exec or an tree hugger is in the white house or not.

Rex Tillerson was fired by the White House.

Did anyone really think $2/gallon gas would last? I was shocked it lasted as long as it did....

Filled up with RUG at a BP in Columbus last night @ $1.64/gal (not counting 4% in CC rebate.)
Might last the end of the month (at most.)

Trump giving exceptions for Iranian oil purchases to big countries like China and South Korea is a huge factor here, everybody was assuming that oil was going to basically be off the market and all of a sudden it's back on.

Paid a buck ninety three on the way home from work when I last filled the Accord Hybrid.
This is normally an inexpensive season for gas with lower demand than in spring and summer as well as the cheaper to blend higher RVP fuel allowed in most states during autumn and winter.
The most I've paid since late 2014 has been $2.999, so I really find no reason to complain.

Just saw $1.79 in Sullivan, Mo. Sunday.
banana2.gif

Last edited:
I remember vividly in 1972 we were going on a scuba diving week long camp out and Turtle said I red in the newspaper gasoline is going to hit 50 cents a gallon. I didn't believe him.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Paid a buck ninety three on the way home from work when I last filled the Accord Hybrid.

The majority of stations around here were $1.99 and Speedway played their game about two days ago of raising their prices almost $0.30 in a single jump. You have to shake your head when they are $2.29 and the Murphy next door to them stuck with $1.99. Murphy and no doubt other stations held firm so Speedway is already back to $1.99 at most stations (this morning).

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by fdcg27

The majority of stations around here were $1.99 and Speedway played their game about two days ago of raising their prices almost $0.30 in a single jump. You have to shake your head when they are $2.29 and the Murphy next door to them stuck with $1.99. Murphy and no doubt other stations held firm so Speedway is already back to $1.99 at most stations (this morning).

Greedway effect. Its very heavy here in some parts of Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back