What’s up with USPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding their delivery schedule and mailmen/women? For my entire life, no matter where I lived, I could always predict pretty closely when the mail would arrive everyday. And with rare exception, it was always the same person delivering it. Sometime this year that changed. My wife and I bought our house this past October, and we had a nice mail lady that came around the same time every day. Since this spring though, our mail comes at wildly different times... it might be 11am, it might be 7pm, and seemingly a different person every day. Anyone else experiencing this? The office I work out of is a half mile from our house and is also having this happen, although the delivery times are a little more consistent since it's a business.

They may have re-configured the routes and both your house and business got caught in it.

I get substitute mail men/women on my route now and then due to vacations, sick leave, and Saturdays. I also get mis-delivered mail once an awhile.

Same happened here. We used to have the same person deliver at roughly the same time for YEARS. Now it's just random.

If it's anything like up here, staffing levels are a problem, too. Cut back staff in what's already a declining business, and then have a bunch of retirements, and you're sliding fill in people all over the place.

Our mail service is excellent. We always have the same carriers, and they're extremely friendly and reliable. With a few exceptions due to weather or other circumstances, delivery is always right around the same time of day.

USPS claims they operate in the red. The are very unorganized. It's not the same any longer. We live in a different world. My postal carrier delivered our mail in his boat when we had floods in LA. No one would ever do that in this day and age. Different generations! Not referring to the current ones either.

There is one key that fits every cluster box in CONUS. The mail carriers have been caught selling them!

Same thing happened at my grandparent's house. Different mailman all the time at different times.

Turns out USPS made their neighborhood into a "training route"

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Same thing happened at my grandparent's house. Different mailman all the time at different times.

Turns out USPS made their neighborhood into a "training route"

Yes, we live 4 houses down from the PO, and when our mailman retired we became a trainee/fill in route. Somebody different all the time,.

I got mad at our guy for just leaving slips "signature required" rather than knocking to see if somebody was home.
One time he refused to deliver until I would sign a slip and leave it stuck to the mailbox for him to p/u.
He also put the wrong dates (past current day) on the slips.
I don't think he understood what signing meant. Think I'm supposed to say I received the package, in writing, when I haven't? Yeah, I wasn't born yesterday bud.

I put signs up to knock or ring bell.
I complained to the local office that someone is always home and he needs to knock/attempt to get the signature.
A few days later I heard he drove up to deliver something that didn't need a signature, and gave my wife a nasty look for free.

In relation to yours, what Canada Post here (and the couriers for that matter do) is like maybe knock once, perhaps not at all, not even wait, and start throwing in the pickup slip for the post office. I have had various business things come to my house when I'm at home, and only once did I hear a knock, and had to actually run after him because he was in a rush to leave. The rest didn't even make the attempt.

Where we live the local PO does no "load the trucks for delivery". It still provides all the other services.
All the mail comes through a nearby larger town.
Now add in all that "personnel changing" stuff mentioned here.

Has anyone seen the new replacement USPS trucks which are set up more for package deliveries?

The Grumman bodied (the people who built the Lunar Module) trucks with the Pontiac "Iron Duke" 4 cylinder engine will be hitting the auction blocks soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back