Raybestos Pads and Rotors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 'almost' bought these for Acura in my signature, but thought to check if anyone has any negative feedback about them?

RAYBESTOS EHT787H Brake Pad
RAYBESTOS 96795FZN Rotor

Overall reviews look good and prices are reasonable on RA. TIA for any help
thumbsup2.gif

I don't know about your choice exactly however I can tell you that I do in fact like Raybestos Pro Grade Ceramic Brake Pads and Raybestos Black E-Coated rotors. Along with Raybestos Service Grade Ceramic Pads & standard rotors as well. All have worked well for me on various vehicles. I too bought them from RA!

Running Raybestos pads and rotors on two different cars, and all is good. I buy their premium line.

Originally Posted By: novadude
Rotors were the new coated "RPT" rotors

I put a set of those on my wife's Fusion a number of months ago and the coating is holding up so far. For the pads, I went with Wagner TQ series.

I put these on my 02 CRV:
RAYBESTOS EHT914H
RAYBESTOS 980072R

Then, I ended up putting this as well:
POWER STOP L2663 (Economy) Autospecialty Reman.

So far so good.

I have Raybestos pro grade ceramic pads all around my Escalade and Raybestos coated rotors in the rear. I had a fitment problem with the front pads. The slides had the wrong bends for my caliper bracket. I ended up using the old slides and sent them email with pics. They admitted the problem and sent me new slides.. and caliper bolt boots.. and a rotor cleaning wheel with sanding pads.. and an apology letter. Was very nice. As far as the coated rotors.. The hat is meh, kinda rusty. The end and the fins.. paint is completely gone and rusted after 3 years. I'm not going to blame them, I just think coated or painted rotors are overrated for longevity.

Updating the thread, front brake pads are almost done with almost 12,000-15,000 miles. Definitely surprised and not impressed.

Now planning to install Wagner TQs, never got that low mileage from any brake pads, even the cheapest ones.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
I have Raybestos pro grade ceramic pads all around my Escalade and Raybestos coated rotors in the rear. I had a fitment problem with the front pads. The slides had the wrong bends for my caliper bracket. I ended up using the old slides and sent them email with pics. They admitted the problem and sent me new slides.. and caliper bolt boots.. and a rotor cleaning wheel with sanding pads.. and an apology letter. Was very nice. As far as the coated rotors.. The hat is meh, kinda rusty. The end and the fins.. paint is completely gone and rusted after 3 years. I'm not going to blame them, I just think coated or painted rotors are overrated for longevity.

I agree that coated rotors don't hold up as well as I expected in the rust belt.

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Updating the thread, front brake pads are almost done with almost 12,000-15,000 miles. Definitely surprised and not impressed.

Now planning to install Wagner TQs, never got that low mileage from any brake pads, even the cheapest ones.
Yeah that doesn't sound like very good service life from the pads. I run Akebono ProAct Pads on the Hondas I maintain. I've been very satisfied with the no dust, no noise, and service life they provide. Last time I installed Raybestos RPT (now Element 3) rotors at the same time as posted here. Still working as well as when installed over a year ago, which was excellent. Good combination ime. Though rust no a major issue here, the RPTs look equivalent to the Honda OE on before, and ones on the rear. I too will post an update with rotor pics after next DT rotation.

As for Wagner TQs, they worked fine for me on an older Tacoma application. Reading this board, some apparently don't like them for stopping power among other things, but I never had an issue. Those were paired with basic AAP Wearever rotors, again satisfied with both. I'm a relatively conservative driver, so that may explain some of my success with pads and rotors.

Thanks for the update.

My impala had a receipt for raybestos pads and rotors installed at 63k when I bought the car. @107k the pads were 40%but the rotors were shot. I installed painted rotors and ac delco pads, front and rear. The rotors work great but the finish is crap. After recently having an experience with Bosch quietcast rotors I can't imagine ever using anything else.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Originally Posted by maverickfhs

Yeah that doesn't sound like very good service life from the pads. I run Akebono ProAct Pads on the Hondas I maintain. I've been very satisfied with the no dust, no noise, and service life they provide. Last time I installed Raybestos RPT (now Element 3) rotors at the same time as posted here. Still working as well as when installed over a year ago, which was excellent. Good combination ime. Though rust no a major issue here, the RPTs look equivalent to the Honda OE on before, and ones on the rear. I too will post an update with rotor pics after next DT rotation.

As for Wagner TQs, they worked fine for me on an older Tacoma application. Reading this board, some apparently don't like them for stopping power among other things, but I never had an issue. Those were paired with basic AAP Wearever rotors, again satisfied with both. I'm a relatively conservative driver, so that may explain some of my success with pads and rotors.

Thanks for the update.

Yes, Akebono ProAct Pads and Centric Rotors have been a winner on my Honda, too. I have Wagner TQs brake shoes on the rear, and they're mediocre in my view.

Raybestos makes excelent brake parts... If you can find good prices then go for it.. Personally I like to use Akebono or WBR... WBR is good brakes parts for the $. They sell them on WORLD PAC and WORLD PAC really pushes them also they are priced better then most house brands at your local auto parts store.. Advance Auto Parts can get WBR however it will ussually take then till the next day to get them for you.. The rotors are twice as heavy as house brand AKA Carquest / Wearever. Also the pads are very good qualtiy you can tell by the workmenship of the product....

Howeever if you used RAYBETO then great.... However if you want to save some $ and want to try somthing else.. Look into WBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back