Aftermarket Denso Radiators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denso radiators have been problem-free for me on Toyota and Honda applications. However, they are now made in China as well. The quality seems to be just fine though.

Many years ago I bought a Denso condenser for my 99 Avalon. It was manufactured in Brazil. I returned it due to shipping damage and the replacement also came from Brazil. Fit and finish looked good and it has been working great. I am now used to parts coming from all over the world. High quality companies like Denso do a pretty good job ensuring local manufacturing is up to snuff. Probably not as good as original stuff made in Japan, but good enough.

When I looked at DENSO radiators on RockAuto for a couple of my applications/vehicles, the Denso was the least expensive and was also OE.

An interesting comparison would be whether a manufacturer that uses Denso for their original parts uses the same ones.

For example most Hondas use Denso radiators (when you look at the part listing, they specifically say "DENSO"). OEM Honda parts come with COO listed on the part number sticker too.

If someone buys an aftermarket Denso radiator for a Honda and then the OEM for the same car (which is around double the price but still made by Denso), I wonder if there are any differences in the design or construction? COO?

Originally Posted By: NoNameJoe
An interesting comparison would be whether a manufacturer that uses Denso for their original parts uses the same ones.

For example most Hondas use Denso radiators (when you look at the part listing, they specifically say "DENSO"). OEM Honda parts come with COO listed on the part number sticker too.

If someone buys an aftermarket Denso radiator for a Honda and then the OEM for the same car (which is around double the price but still made by Denso), I wonder if there are any differences in the design or construction? COO?

OE and aftermarket are two different quality levels and price points when the parts are from the same company.

SVTCobra.. Denso is the OEM in both instances OE and aftermarket, OE is original equipment.

Last edited:
China can make top quality parts. I'm not a fan of dealing with the Chinese however.
The problem comes from the importer dictating an unrealistic price point so they can make a better profit.

That is the issue- companies sourcing for the cheapest price. That usually gets you junk!

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: NoNameJoe

OE and aftermarket are two different quality levels and price points when the parts are from the same company.

SVTCobra.. Denso is the OEM in both instances OE and aftermarket, OE is original equipment.

Is this always the case?

I've gotten aftermarket parts where it looked like the BMW logo was just ground off the part.

Of course if the part has the logo ground off it is OE just not for retail for whatever reason. B&A are famous for these parts, nothing wrong with them unless they grind to much like making a CV boot too thin and ruin the part (seen that).
Rock does sell some OE parts that are the same as if you bought them at the dealer but the price is always higher and does not share the same part #.

I've installed a couple Denso radiators recently. They all looked good and fit exactly as they should.

Sad they come from China now, and too bad Denso won't just rebox their own OE radiators from the US and Japan. And why are Japanese OEM radiators so expensive? Over $400 most of the time! Ford and GM OE radiators are usually under $200

The aftermarket Denso radiator I bought last year was made in Taiwan by their subsidiary Cryomax. It is still working fine. Sad to seem them come from China now. Maybe next time use Koyo?

That's probably because they assemble Prius in China as well, so might as well send some OEM our way.

I'd take a Chinese Denso over a Singaporean CSF any day. Stay away from those cheap all metal junk.

Last edited:
I put in a Denso radiator in my Mazda Protege a couple months ago. It was either from China or Taiwan, I don't remember which. It was very good quality, especially for the price point. I would not hesitate to use another.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Sad they come from China now, and too bad Denso won't just rebox their own OE radiators from the US and Japan. And why are Japanese OEM radiators so expensive? Over $400 most of the time! Ford and GM OE radiators are usually under $200

The aftermarket Denso radiator I bought last year was made in Taiwan by their subsidiary Cryomax. It is still working fine. Sad to seem them come from China now. Maybe next time use Koyo?

I try to buy first world, American or European stuff but for some things there is no option other than going without or paying an outrageous price which in many cases is unrealistic given the cars age.
Yes its a shame but China has become the auto capital of the world like it or not, all the big parts manufacturers are there in a big way with their own factories and they are producing first world quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back