Redline 5W-30 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy moly ester beast lol

Pretty thick for a 30weight! I'm sure your Si will like it! thanks for posting

I live really, really close to work and most of my errands are close by. This may be somewhat offset by how hot its been this summer and a few longer trips so the UOA will be interesting...

SN can suck it
wink.gif

Look at the zinc, phosphorus, boron and calcium. With a NOACK of 6% and HTHS of 3.7 it looks like a very stout Euro oil with good cleaning ability to me.

How exactly it will kill the cats? Not a sarcasm but question as I'm curios to know

Originally Posted By: parshisa
How exactly it will kill the cats? Not a sarcasm but question as I'm curios to know

Supposedly high levels of ZDDP(phosphorus and zinc) oil vapor can plate the cats just like it plates wear surfaces inside of an engine.

I've used this oil in 3 different cars and put over 100k on each without a problem... of course, none of those cars burned oil either

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Originally Posted By: parshisa

Supposedly high levels of ZDDP(phosphorus and zinc) oil vapor can plate the cats just like it plates wear surfaces inside of an engine.

According to this paper I saw a while back the mechanism is more complicated, it is the phosphorus attacking the oxides rather than the precious metals:

http://jultika.oulu.fi/files/isbn9789514286087.pdf

Originally Posted By: Needleman
What's with the silicon? 50ppm? I would ask them to check again.

That was the first thing I noticed too.

Originally Posted By: Brigadier
Looks like a fantastic oil. I just wonder if there is too much calcium for DI engines.

I believe so. Too much ZDP too, although the NOACK is low.

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: Brigadier
Looks like a fantastic oil. I just wonder if there is too much calcium for DI engines.

I believe so. Too much ZDP too, although the NOACK is low.

It is my understanding that raising ZDDP and magnesium help prevent LSPI.

Almost everyone blanks out their name, address, etc. Did you forget or it doesn't bother you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back