Castrol GTX Ultralclean now SN Plus etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time somebody tells me you can't mix conventional and synthetic or you can't use synthetic in high mileage vehicles or "they only want conventional oil, none of that synthetic crap" at the parts store and they come up to the counter with GTX Ultraclean I'm going to remind them to check the Castrol website and see that it's a synthetic blend. Hehe
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Do you in the states get 10W-40 Ultraclean?
Here it's SL/CF, and A3/B4

The 10W-40 here is not GTX Utraclean, it's only GTX and a Conventional SN. Member SR5 and i discussed this some time ago. It would be nice if it were A3/B4.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Do you in the states get 10W-40 Ultraclean?
Here it's SL/CF, and A3/B4

The 10W-40 here is not GTX Utraclean, it's only GTX and a Conventional SN. Member SR5 and i discussed this some time ago. It would be nice if it were A3/B4.

Cool, we get regular GTX in 10W-40, 15W-40, 15W-50 and 20W-50 and Ultraclean in 10W-40.

In Oz we get two versions of GTX UltraClean, a 15W-40 that is A3/B3 & SN, and a 10W-30 that is SN & GF-5. Both of these are listed as semi-synthetic on the Castrol Australia web site.

The other grades like 20W-50 are just regular GTX.

We have had some good deals recently on GTX 15W40 UltraClean and I picked up a 5L jug for $15 even. That's a great price for Oz, where the same size of regular M1 5W30 costs about $100.

wemay, you have converted to Castrol!
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif
just saying you know!
Nothing wrong, it's a good oil. I have used their dino for many years and still have some. Haven't tried their synthetic.

Originally Posted By: OilUzer
shocked2.gif
grin2.gif
just saying you know!
Nothing wrong, it's a good oil. I have used their dino for many years and still have some. Haven't tried their synthetic.

I've noticed it too. LOL. But i couldn't NOT buy the Maganatec for $5 a jug. And, EDGE now meets A5/B5. All their PDS look good too.

(Still a Valvoline fan as well)
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: OilUzer

I do like a bit of Castrol. My first ever oil purchased with my own money was GTX.

I've spent most of my time deciding between Penrite or Castrol. But I have also used Valvoline and Shell for a bit of high quality diversity.

The original Castrol synthetics such as TXT and Formula RS were very impressive oils.

Originally Posted By: SR5
My first ever oil purchased with my own money was GTX.

Me too
laugh.gif
GTX went in everything I owned.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: SR5
My first ever oil purchased with my own money was GTX.

Me too
laugh.gif
GTX went in everything I owned.

That's funny, it was the first one i bought with my money too. My Dad used Valvoline mostly and so did i growing up, but also a bit of GTX in my Vdubs.

I only find the GTX 5W20 in SN Plus in Canada, all the other grades are still SN... I might be wrong.

I don't really need the SN Plus added benefits but I don't mind it if the price is right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back