diesel welder/generators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking on craigslist for a welder. Honestly, I've been pondering the idea for a while now of having an engine driven welder since in my situation it's too hard to access 220v. I'm looking for one already attached to one of those little buggy style trailers that you can tow behind a vehicle. No license plate or registration is even required since it's not big enough apparently. Atleast in my state. The problem is they're still asking like $5,000 for these things and they have like 5,000hrs on them. They have the Kubota diesel engines in them Seems like a lot of money to spend with so many hours.

Is there still some life left in them after 5000hrs? $5000 seems a bit steep for something with so much usage, but I'm not quite sure how many is too many.

When I got my welder I pulled the stove away from the wall and threw a homemade extension cord out the kitchen window.

You should be able to get a gas engined 220V generator for $700 that makes plenty of power, and a Lincoln Tombstone to finish off under a grand.

That's too hard maneuver around. I want a simple setup that can be used anywhere and just hook it behind the truck.

Yup, that seems to be the going price around here. You are paying for the ability to use it without plugging into a wall, and the diesel engine.

I've seen a few with Kohler gas engines that are quite a bit cheaper, so you might want to check out that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back