'07 Accord 4cyl - Valvoline FS w/ML D1G2 - 7,021 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first UOA for one of our cars. Usually the car gets 5W-20 but started using 0W-20 about a year ago. There is some oil lose but I'm still not sure if it's from the 0W-20 oil, lots of highway driving at 80 mph, no leaks, or even a combination of such? So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: deoxy4
Awesome. 7K miles over what period of time?

This oil was run roughly 6 and a half months.

Good results! I have the same car and have been running 5W20 Mobil 1. I have 0W20 M1 ESP that I bought on sale and have been waiting for this winter to use it - but seeing your results I might just start running it year round.
After how many miles did you add the make up oil? 1 quart in 7000 is not bad on a 127000 mile engine, 1 quart in 3500 miles is a bit of a different picture (still nothing to worry about though).

Originally Posted By: carviewsonic
Good results! I have the same car and have been running 5W20 Mobil 1. I have 0W20 M1 ESP that I bought on sale and have been waiting for this winter to use it - but seeing your results I might just start running it year round.
After how many miles did you add the make up oil? 1 quart in 7000 is not bad on a 127000 mile engine, 1 quart in 3500 miles is a bit of a different picture (still nothing to worry about though).

I figured I changed to 0W-20 because to my research it covers a wider range of temps compared to 5W-20. Plus I assume is more synthetic and has better additives just as a better feel good measure I suppose. I'm not sure when it was added because the lady drove the car while I was deployed. From what I measured before in this weight I usually added about 1/4 to 1/2 quart every 2,500 miles or 3,000 miles depending how much highway driving we're doing. I can tell you the weather has been pretty brutal hovering around the upper 90s and low 100s.

New oem PCV valve even if the old one still rattles. I’d use ML red bottle or VWB for 6/7k and 5k respectively. Just to see abt lowering consumption.

"I usually added about 1/4 to 1/2 quart every 2,500 miles or 3,000 miles depending how much highway driving we're doing."

That's not bad at all, for an 11 year old 127k mile engine, running in 90 or 100 deg temps.

Well after this current run of Valvoline FS 0W-20 w/ML I think I'm going to switch it up with Supertech 0W-20 to save some money and actually see a UOA for it since I hardly ever see any current Supertech UOA's.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Do you have any Rural Kings by you? Their house synthetic is around $11 and made by Warren.

Rural Kings synthetic oil is $13.99 and made by CITGO
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: crazy_raccoon
Well after this current run of Valvoline FS 0W-20 w/ML I think I'm going to switch it up with Supertech 0W-20 to save some money and actually see a UOA for it since I hardly ever see any current Supertech UOA's.

Good choice
smile.gif

I'm almost at 10k on M1 10w40HM that was $1/quart in Decmber.

Not a UOA, but look up my ST HM 5w30 syn VOA

Originally Posted By: car51
Do you have any Rural Kings by you? Their house synthetic is around $11 and made by Warren.

smile.gif

Thank you for the correction. Still a good deal. Looks like price crept up a bit.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51

smile.gif

Thank you for the correction. Still a good deal. Looks like price crept up a bit.
smile.gif

Yeah, while ago it was less $$$

I just can't and won't support CITGO is all. ST looks like better deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back