Savants: I live near one of these wonderful people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks. Since i love education and learning aside from being a oil filter nerd i thought i would let you folks know that a friend of mine is a savant. Dont know how to describe in tech terms but this man is great at memory, reading and creating art even after looking at a picture in a book. We go to the park often and he loves the local library. Very amazing individual and i am glad he lives near me

Thought i would share the good news
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Its almost scary how much the human mind can do when configured a certain way. Just lets us know we have only managed to access small portion of our capabilities as humans.

Folks like this can really put things into prospective.

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
Its almost scary how much the human mind can do when configured a certain way. Just lets us know we have only managed to access small portion of our capabilities as humans.

Folks like this can really put things into prospective.

How very right you are.

We all have special talents.
I can rub my head and pat my belly at the same time.
I can also do that Spock Vulcan greeting thing with either hand.

I met a very unusual person in college. An x-spy who was poisoned and on disability. Spoke many languages. I went to high school with his brothers and his Dad taught advanced math at my highschool.. He was a poet and an encyclopedia of knowlege. His last name was Bond. No kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back