Rain Guard / Window Visor - In channel or Stick-On?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a choice between two styles of rain guards (what I call them, not sure the proper name) for the side windows on my 2007 Chrysler Pacifica -- standard adhesive style that applies to the outside window frame, and in-channel, which I've read attaches somehow to the inside of the window tracks.

I've always used the regular adhesive ones and have had good luck. They've never come off in other vehicles I've had them on, and the appearance is just fine by me.

I've never heard of the in-channel ones until now, but after reading about them, I get how they work.

For those that have tried both or the in-channel, do you have a preference and why? I'm on the fence about which one to go with-- leaning toward the adhesive due to familiarity and knowing they work, but would possibly try the in-channel if I could find enough feedback from folks that have used them. The ones I'm considering are both made by AVS.

I’ve only used the Weathertech brand. No additional wind noise, easy to install, and they look good.

I do not like the in channel style. I have had problems with them interfering with the window closing properly.

the only ones i've ever used, are the ones i put on this car, which are weathertech branded in channel.

there was an issue the first day or so getting the drivers auto close window to not bounce back down, when they encountered the "Obstruction" in the channel, just holding the switch up got it to muscle past and close all the way.

but keeping it closed for a day or two, basically "remolded" the channel to clearance, and they've been fantastic for the ensuing 4 years. no open/close issues at all after that initial "fitment"
never noticed any noise from them....IDK... YMMV...etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
the only ones i've ever used, are the ones i put on this car, which are weathertech branded in channel.

there was an issue the first day or so getting the drivers auto close window to not bounce back down, when they encountered the "Obstruction" in the channel, just holding the switch up got it to muscle past and close all the way.

but keeping it closed for a day or two, basically "remolded" the channel to clearance, and they've been fantastic for the ensuing 4 years. no open/close issues at all after that initial "fitment"
never noticed any noise from them....IDK... YMMV...etc.

Do you have a picture of the in-channel on the car? A close-up near the window would be helpful; I'm trying to see if the look is different than the adhesive ones I'm used to. A Google search didn't produce anything useful.

Had Weathertech's
on two trucks and over
time they loosened the
drivers window a bit that it rattled when raising and lowering
when going into the lot at work.
I put the glue strip and clip OEM
on the latest truck so no track
obstruction.

Last edited:
Going to take the leap and try out the in-channel ones-- reviews online suggest they look better and work well, plus easy to install. Works for me; hope they last.

These are a must for any vehicle I own.

I have always used Auto Vent Shade (AVS) Peel/Stick on all my vehicles. I find the in track ones can cause problems with Auto-Up windows thinking there is a hand caught in there and going back down.

What is the point of putting on Rain Guard/Window Deflectors?

Cracking the window does nothing to make the vehicle cooler in hot humid weather. To make matters worse if the landscapers come by [they are everywhere in Florida all year long every single day] all the grass and dirt blows inside your vehicle. The deflectors do nothing to stop it. If you leave your a/c setting in anything but inside air the vehicle will vent. If your a/c is working properly the vehicle should be able to cool down in seconds.

All that IMHO. To each their own.

I just like fresh air coming in through the window, that's all. Keeps the water out when it rains. Even in the dead of winter, my drivers window is cracked a little bit. Perhaps makes the car feel more "open" and less stuffy. Don't know the reason why I like it. I've seen stranger fetishes.

My vehicles have working AC, but the only time I use it is as a defogger and when the kids/wife are in the car. Keeping the window cracked open drives my wife batty, but it's not going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back