Mobil Super still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask because only place i have saw it within last two years is at Rural King. Wal Marts used to carry it at 3 locations near me

Still have Mobil Super 5000 here …
BiL put 400k on a GM 5.3L with nothing more than that oil and the Mobil branded (cheap) filter
(at a Mobil 1 Lube Express)

Originally Posted By: car51
I ask because only place i have saw it within last two years is at Rural King. Wal Marts used to carry it at 3 locations near me

Are we discussing Mobil SuperSyn or Mobil Super 5000 conventional?

Just saw the SuperSyn, or whatever the name of the lowest level syn they have (20K one, 15K one, regular M1, then supersyn or whatever it's called) at a chain store. Can't remember if it was NAPA, Autozone, Oreilly's, or Advance. But it's still around. I'd just use SuperTech or QSUD or NAPA syn when it's on sale if that's the level you're hoping for.

Dollar General sells Mobil Super (?) here. I don't know if there's variations of this "Super" or not as I don't do more than glance at it on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Fully stocked at Wal-Mart down here.

Out local Wallland only has a half aisle of Oil and definitely no Mobil Super,
They only had one bottle of Delvac

Odd part is it’s a superstore but it seems to be getting less super every day

My local store yanked all the Mobil Super conventional/HM off the shelves early this year. They never did stock Mobil Super synthetic.

Only store I have seen Mobil Super synthetic is at Rural King. Been a while since I was there because it's out of my way most of the time, but I think it was around $19 per five quart jug.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
My local store yanked all the Mobil Super conventional/HM off the shelves early this year. They never did stock Mobil Super synthetic.

Only store I have seen Mobil Super synthetic is at Rural King. Been a while since I was there because it's out of my way most of the time, but I think it was around $19 per five quart jug.

Yup, youre correct. The Rural King 4 miles from me has all grades of MS5K and Mobil Super Syn. MS5K is $12.93 there

Originally Posted By: car51
... The Rural King 4 miles from me has all grades of MS5K and Mobil Super Syn. MS5K is $12.93 there
Interesting. That's surprisingly close to their current price of Harvest King synthetic. I can go to Rural King only when visiting family in western Kentucky.

Our local stores removed Mobil1 Super 2000 high mileage synthetic blend a few years ago, this is what I used up to that point. The replacement is Mobil1 HM which is full synthetic but also more expensive. I check the rebates and only buy when on sale.

I think they still offer the Super 1000 which is Mobil1's conventional oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back