Shell gas vs PEA fuel cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Shell gas and PEA in many fuel cleaners are Nitrogen based. Is this Nitrogen similar in nature and work the same? Could using Shell gas eliminate the need for PEA(Nitrogen) cleaners?

Yes. nitrogen is used as a marketting term for shell just as techron for chevron for PEA. They choose nitrogen because saying amine or amonia soulds like putting ammonia or urine in your car which isn't helpful. The word nitrogen is close in vernacular to nitro (nitroglycerin) which is an explosive or accelerant.

If you use top tier fuel you shouldn't need any addituonal additive.

However if you use additives, the amount you would get from adding your own even at maintenance dosages is much higher than ratio you get at the pump.

If you think of it in terms of like dish soap added to water. They dump maybe 2gallon into a 8000gallon tanker. your maintenance dosage at redline si1 is 15oz per 100gallons which comes out to be 15:12800 and maybe 2 to 10x the concentration of the pump

Last edited:
I believe if you can use Shell VPower every time, you dont need the PEA cleaner.
However, in my area the Vpower price is much higher than other competitor so once a while i will use PEA based cleaner for preventive maintenance.

I guess I should feel lucky, the Shell station I go to has 87 E10 for the same price as all the other non TT stations, $2.60 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back