Industrial Sewing Machine oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a consew 225 compound feed machine. I have to manually oil it due to the slow work I'll be doing on it.

Is there any alternative to the sewing machine oil?

I would think Non detergent 30wt would be a good sticky oil.

But from research, sewing machine oil has wax in it... So I don't know if it's smoke n mirror's or truth

Don't use automotive oils. They can/will stain the fabric you are sewing. Use what ever product the manufacturer recommends. Walmart does have sewing machine oil in the fabric section.

Originally Posted By: Oildudeny
How about mineral refrigeration oil

I thought about that.

Just looked it up at work, it claims to be wax free.

Interesting

Lily White is what I have seen being used for industrial sewing machines in furniture factories. You can buy a quart cheap enough on Amazon.

Just curious. Whatcha working on?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
Just curious. Whatcha working on?
grin2.gif

I've decided that I'm going to try my hand at upholstery.

I made a lot of silly things for the house with a pulley reduced vintage sewing machine (that I'm selling). But finding this dirt cheap walking foot unit on eBay made me feel it's a ( sign ) if you will.

My town has a constant demand for it.

Fabrication is the only thing I'm good at in life. So far, the few pieces I've reupholstered have been brainless for me.

I just got the machine working, and the initial oil I used to free up everything was marvel mystery oil. Worked wonders so far. But clear oil will be used from here on out

My wife's grandmother was a seamstress. I've been humping around these two monster sewing machines when we moved twice. Now, they take up space in my basement. I took the bigger, heavier duty one out, dusted it off and lubed it up. Runs nice. I'm going to use it to make pogies for fat biking in cold weather and probably other stuff like frame bags or whatever else I may need.
I tried to sew some Cordura Nylon with it and it did the job easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back