Hydrosilex ceramic coating/spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone try Hydrosilex ceramic spray? If so what are your thoughts? I'm thinking of trying it for the first time. Thanks!

It's just another one of those siliconized glossy sprays, much like Maguires ultimate fast finish. Gives a nice shine for a short time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cujet
It's just another one of those siliconized glossy sprays, much like Maguires ultimate fast finish. Gives a nice shine for a short time.

It is advertised as ceramic, not silicone. The reviews say it lasts 6-8 months on average.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

It is advertised as ceramic, not silicone. The reviews say it lasts 6-8 months on average.

Which reviews? I scored 40/40 in a test of spotting fake reviews. And these kinds of products generally have a poor reputation when it comes to fake and planted reviews. Post a few and I'll have a look for you.

Ceramics are just powders until they experience heat, and I'm sure the application process doesn't involve putting your car in an oven. So I question the utility of a liquid ceramic "wipe on, wipe off, Grasshopper" type product. Just my 2c

At $2.90 shipped on Amazon for a large 18 ounce can you can still get Eagle One "Wax-As-You-Dry" aerosal. The seller is Pep Boys. It contains Polysiloxane a ceramic coating. There is a whole thread on it. Here is the ad:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GJ5DXS

It is very similar-- but much less expensive. and the stuff actually works great. In my case it is going on top of a nice coat of Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. I would not use it as a one-step it is a maintenance product on top of wax that lasts maybe a couple of weeks.

Lucas Slick Mist
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Originally Posted By: Chris B.

Which reviews? I scored 40/40 in a test of spotting fake reviews. And these kinds of products generally have a poor reputation when it comes to fake and planted reviews. Post a few and I'll have a look for you.

Ceramics are just powders until they experience heat, and I'm sure the application process doesn't involve putting your car in an oven. So I question the utility of a liquid ceramic "wipe on, wipe off, Grasshopper" type product. Just my 2c

It was on Facebook. Like 600+ positive reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back