KUMHO Crugen HT51

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly, ive read a lot of input on these but I am still not completely sold on getting them, im basically a Michelin LTX fanatic that really cant afford them at this moment and need some new skins before winter. also ill be using them on my daily driver and ill be putting on many miles in all weather scenarios, any input is welcome.

I've been impressed with Kumho, having purchased a couple sets in the last 5-10 years. I can't speak to the specific model you're after, but the company has a solid reputation and makes great tires for the price.

These are OEM on the wife's new 2017 Santa Fe XL I bought a year ago. They currently have 16,000 miles on them and the bad tire was within 2/32nds of new ones-I know this because I had a puncture on the tire-near the sidewall that could not be repaired. Being an AWD model-we had to make sure that it was close enough in spec as to not cause problems with the AWD system.

You could look at the specs of new ones-and extrapolate (probable) millage based on what the tread depth measures on new.

They ride smooth-however they create a little more noise on all but the smoothest road surfaces than I would like.

The tire store told me that they would be "happy" to sell me road hazard insurance for all the tires-but I declined stating that the tires were too noisy for my tastes and would be replaced with something else when needed.

WE really didn't have much of a winter last year, so I cannot comment on snow traction.

So-I guess it really depends on what you are looking for in a tire.

Last edited:
Kumhos are not considered top-tier tires but IMO they are excellent value! I bet that in a few years they'll become top-tier, I'd not hesitate to buy and use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back