Clay bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for recommendations for a decent clay bar that is not too sticky and not to aggressive.

I opened a Clay Magic kit the other day and cleaned off a rear bumper. The blue clay is very sticky and sticks to my hands and the paint unless lots of spray is used. This blue clay is so sticky I had to use comet to remove it from my hands.

Ive used clay magic without issue before. It does require alot of spray both on the clay and the car. Id bet its old is why its sticking to your hands.

what was the temperature of the car and the bar.? It needs to be cool. you can try dunk the clay in a bowl of cold water.

If it still is coming apart even when cool its gone bad.

Mothers Speed Clay 2.0 works pretty nice
thumbsup2.gif

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-17240-Spe...ed+clay+bar+2.0

Originally Posted By: LotI
Clay bar

This works just as well as anything. I even used distilled water as a lube and it didn’t stick. Even with a lube, you need plenty.

OMG...there's that crazy Dallas guy again...promoting his wild and whacky ideas.

Most folks who have any experience with detailing will avoid having anything with the name Armor All on it near a vehicle they actually care about...

...except for that goofy guy of course.

Ever wonder what happened to all that slime they used in the Ghostbusters movies? Now you know.

Rollo07 is correct this Clay Magic kit is just old.

I am surprised the clay and clay lube are still useable after 10 years.

I have a Pinnacle clay bar and a Nanoskin pad. Both work well. Best lube is the leftover wash water in your bucket (two bucket system so it's clean water).

+1 on using a lubricant. I use Megs 155 diluted in water. Very economical and effective.

Soapy water is a fine lube. ONR (Optimum No Rinse) is great, too (they have a specific clay bar dilution)

Mothers, Griot's, or Meguiar's clay works fine and as others have said, is readily available at most auto parts stores or WM. If you're ordering from amazon, Chemical Guys is also good (I generally don't care for CG products, but the clay is fine). I've also never had any issue with clay magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back