Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Quote:
Mainly LSPI concerns.

Euro cars do not have those issues.

Oh ok, lol

Which one does have?
Inform me if I am living in the dark.

I have a 13 Durango, 3.6 l with 5 speed, bought new. It has been properly serviced, 5k oil changes, trans service, diff service, brake flush. Presently 95 k. Other than recalls, no real issues. Your drivetrain will be different, but the rest of the vehicle is the same. The FCA, Chrysler haters drive me nuts. my last 3 vehicles,07 Charger 3.5 with 5 speed 145k, 14 Charger 3.6 5 speed 68k and the Durango, all with no significant problems. Recently bought new 18 300 3.6 8 speed and intend to run it 200k. Go for the Durango with confidence.

Originally Posted By: MotoGuzzi
I have a 13 Durango, 3.6 l with 5 speed, bought new. It has been properly serviced, 5k oil changes, trans service, diff service, brake flush. Presently 95 k. Other than recalls, no real issues. Your drivetrain will be different, but the rest of the vehicle is the same. The FCA, Chrysler haters drive me nuts. my last 3 vehicles,07 Charger 3.5 with 5 speed 145k, 14 Charger 3.6 5 speed 68k and the Durango, all with no significant problems. Recently bought new 18 300 3.6 8 speed and intend to run it 200k. Go for the Durango with confidence.

You'll hear a ton of hate for almost any brand, usually from folks who don't own one! I, too, am a happy owner of two Mopars and a crate motor in a hot rod. No problems here, either...

I like the Durango looks. I believe the SRT does not come with 3rd row? Not sure. Buying new or slightly used, I think they're really cool SUVs. Not top reliability but the fun factor makes up for it.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
I like the Durango looks. I believe the SRT does not come with 3rd row? Not sure. Buying new or slightly used, I think they're really cool SUVs. Not top reliability but the fun factor makes up for it.

The SRT comes with 3rd row.
But I was aiming at R/T. It is still in my calculations. I am going after Audi Q7 since that thing drives closest to BMW (though not as sharp as my current one), but it is still very quick on the feet 5400lb vehicle.
If that does not pan out, I will consider Durango 2018 (there is no way I am buying 2017 with that ridiculous knob instead of T handle).

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: edyvw
I am going after Audi Q7
You gave up on MB then?

Probably, unless something comes up I cannot pass. MB is good, probably better long term solution looking at size. However, it is far cry from Audi's dynamic.

OK guys, so this is how this endeavor panned out.
We figured that Q7 is too small, and were thinking that Mercedes Gl450 would be our next vehicle. But, it just does not drive that good. Engine has power, but it is a barge, 5,800lbs barge. Then we were like: let's get Q7 and see how it goes. But, I just was not sold on compromise that Q7 would be same like X5, enjoying it all the time. I was thinking if I get car that is not that practical (well bit more practical than X5) and I do not enjoy it, then I will regret it.
So, I figured that all this thinking and finding flaws are taking me to minivan! I figured that I could get van, and save substantial amount of money over Q7 or MB and use that to get myself BMW 335i with stick shift. So I pulled trigger on Toyota Sienna AWD limited.
It is only AWD van so not much thinking there. It s very practical, lot's of space, nice JBL audio system.
It handles, well if one could call that handling, like a van. Brakes are abysmal and I will have to do some work there, maybe go with EBC or Hawk to improve response. Engine is pretty smooth for V6, transmission is seamless.
Final verdict is: Thank God it has JBL with subwoofer otherwise I would fall asleep driving it, but we need vehicle like that. I will just have to be patient maybe a year until I find good E90 335i.

Wow! I didn't see that coming.
smile.gif

Congrats! I posted about our 2015 Sienna Limited AWD in this thread:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...na-limited-awd-3-year-review#Post4836375

I see that you also purchased a 2015. There is a TSB for front brake vibration - you may want to see if this has been addressed on your Sienna.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10084304-5448.pdf

Also, check to see if the sliding door recall (G04) has been completed on your Sienna.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2016/RCMN-16V858-9241.pdf

Enjoy the new car.

Originally Posted by eugenem
Congrats! I posted about our 2015 Sienna Limited AWD in this thread:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...na-limited-awd-3-year-review#Post4836375

I see that you also purchased a 2015. There is a TSB for front brake vibration - you may want to see if this has been addressed on your Sienna.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10084304-5448.pdf

Also, check to see if the sliding door recall (G04) has been completed on your Sienna.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2016/RCMN-16V858-9241.pdf

Enjoy the new car.

Hey thanx.
I do not feel anything wrong with brakes except they are far cry from my previous car. So I think I will pretty soon change all that with some more aggressive components.
I will go to Toyota tomorrow to check whether they have taillight. I forgot about shelvings in my garage since I never envisioned buyg a van, and I managed to break taillight
smile.gif

So will ask them to run VIN and see is there anything open.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
From a Dodge Durango R/T 5.7L HEMI to a Toyota Sienna AWD minivan --- your really content are you not!!! Lol

Well, what you gonna do. I figured in the end this is best option for family needs plus leaves me money for BMW E90 with a stick shift.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Wholeheartedly agree, great family vehicle at that.

Dale

Funny thing is that same mileage and equally equipped Toyota Highlander goes for like $2-3000 more with less space same engine and platform and pretty much everything else. I tried both, and actually Sienna hold road better due to lower positioned engine and transmission, not that both handle great.
People do not want to drive these minivans because they do not look cool, but Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot apparently look cool
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back