Quaker State high mileage 5w30 thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleased with the QS high mileage 5w30. It runs very quiet in my Altima 3.5 VQ. Will continue to monitor for any seeps from back valve cover. It had developed a bit of a seep. But the Valvoline Maxlife did stop it. Hopefully this QS high mileage will continue that trend. I got this one sale from AZ with a Mobile 1 filter for $26. Wally World is $15.47+$10= $26 has well. Not too shabby.

Ohh and the 1 qt container of QS high mileage has the defy name on it interesting enough.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Defy was API SL. I don't remember of it ever made it to SN under that moniker.

AAP was selling that stuff for 35c to $1.39 per 5 qt jug last November. Picked up 40 qts of the HM 5/10w-30's. Got the rebates too...making it better than free.

I know I know...

I wasn't in the market for a high mileage oil at that time. But hey... Can't always be a hero
lol.gif

One interesting aspect of note guys...

Quaker State high mileage is NOT API SN plus rated. And Quaker State Advanced durability is not either. So, the PQIA test results showing 2200 ppm of calcium, 190 of Molybdenum, and 100 ppm plus of boron are what is in that oil.

Only Quaker State Ultimate Durability and Quaker State Enhanced Durability are rated API SN plus. One of our members on here had a VOA of Quaker State Ultimate Durability showing less than 1000 ppm of calcium and around 600 ppm of magnesium.

Interesting to me because this is a clear line of delineation between their products. And it does make sense. Many cars and trucks on the road today do not need to be protected against LSPI. Mine obviously included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back