WEN 2800 power washer oil question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own the following wen pressure washer Wen 2800 power washer The manual gives me a chart for help determining what viscosity oil to choose and seems to recommend 30w oil for a starting temp of 40 degrees F or higher but a sticker on the machine next to the dip stick says to use 10W30 motor oil. So which is it? Does it even matter as long as it’s some kind of 30w oil? Here is a pic of the chart given in the manual. Right now it’s got Valvoline 30w oil that’s about to be changed (break in period first 8 hours use).

welcome2.gif

I'd use 10w30

In the south, in the summer, stick with SAE30. 15W40 heavy duty engine oil is also another standard recommendation for power equipment use in high heat.

Pressure washers BEAT up the engine oil. You want a thicker viscosity. Most 10W30 oils are not as robust, and are thinner at temp, than most SAE30 oils.

Also realize, that the engines are usually sourced from China and the engine manufacturer has no idea what the engine will be used for. The pressure washer company manual that you have a picture of actually looks better to me, as their experience has lead them to recommend SAE30 oil, a very good recommendation over most 10W30 oils.

I use 30wt in all my OPE, usually Pennzoil. And I run them hard in 90+ degree temps. I'm pretty sure Rotella makes an HDEO 30wt if you want something 'stouter'. I don't see a need for multi viscosity oils in splash lubricated engines in warm climates. Just my opinion...

a robust 30 or M1 HM 10W-30. If above 95F 10W-40 M1 HM, or Valvoline motorcycle oil sold at Wally for $4.50 a quart.

This is what I run in my pressure washer and generator in south Florida currently. I really like how it performs. No weird noises, no problems, not too thick, doesn't consume, great stuff.

8130003_cqo_cq540_pri_larg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back