Sounds like Aretha is in bad shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbroken. She is one of my faves.

Rumors say she is is down to hours now....
frown.gif

R-E-S-P-E-C-T for this lady.
I hope she goes peacefully and bathed in love, if you're in hospice that it what they are trying to provide.

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
I'll have four fried chickens and a coke. And dry white toast and a coke. Ah yes, the Blues Brothers.

Don't you blaspheme! Don't you blaspheme in here!

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I like the bass guitar in this song. She has a fantastic voice!

If that song was rerecorded for the movie, should be Duck Dunn on bass.
The man could play!

Not to dis someone who's dying, but she has a pretty bad reputation around Detroit for stiffing businesses. She seemed to have the attitude that it was a privilege for people to do work or sell to her and just do it for free. Anita Baker is another that does the same thing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: motorcity
Not to dis someone who's dying, but she has a pretty bad reputation around Detroit for stiffing businesses.

Speaking of Detroit, this was one of my favorites she did. Not the most popular, but the video was particularly good.

Originally Posted By: motorcity
Not to dis someone who's dying, but she has a pretty bad reputation around Detroit for stiffing businesses. She seemed to have the attitude that it was a privilege for people to do work or sell to her and just do it for free.

To add a bit of levity to the situation, well, maybe she earned the characterisation as a "diva" the "honest" way, through diva-like behaviour.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back