Got A New Flashlight...

Originally Posted By: Vikas
You must be working on women's jewellery to need high CRI but low battery capacity headlight? For outdoor usage, I don't see how it will help you.

All kidding aside, single AAA will either give you brightness or battery life but not both.
Yup, this is for indoor only up-close work when I want some extra light. The low mode (16 lumen) or medium mode (70 lumen) on this light is typically sufficient for this.

For outdoor use, I've got other lights.

Quote:
By the way, do you use your office address to keep these purchases hidden from the "boss" at house?
LOL! She buys shoes, I buy flashlights. I think I spend much less in comparison.
smile.gif

Looking at my purchase history, I have not bought even a single light in last 12 months! These days, I am living vicariously through your purchases instead. Please keep them coming :)

I still get restless when any one of my light go "missing". I did finally find my UV light safely stored in a box. After fixing my digital camera (removed the dirt from the sensor), my favorite headlamp was missing for few days. As it turns out, it was under the work area stuck to the metal frame of the table!

Yup, that's Convoy S2+ Desert Tan with a shorty (18350) tube.

The S1 has higher lumen output (around 1400), but it becomes way too hot to handle if you run it at that level for more than about a minute. It can pull over 5 Amps.

Originally Posted by Warstud
My S2+ XPLHI - U6-3A doesn't seem to get hot whereas my S2+ XML2 - U2-1B does.

How many 7135 chips though?

My S2+ XPL-HI 3A 7135x8, if left unattended, will hit 66 deg C (150F) - way too warm for comfort. And that's only pushing 2.8 Amps.
My S2+ XML2 3B 7135x4 doesn't get anywhere close to that temp.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
How many 7135 chips though

There both 7135-6

That's strange. That should heat up somewhat, regardless if XPL-HI or XML2. Were you testing it on a fully charged cell?

Cooler ambient temps (outdoors) will reduce flashlight temps as well.

Back on sale for $9.99
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_555777.html?wid=21

Yup... this time it's the Cool White that's on sale. I ordered one this morning since I already have the Neutral White. It's a great little light, just as long as you get one with a non faulty switch.

My Cool White UT01 went bad... it will turn on once only, and after you switch it off, it will not turn back on again until you unscrew the tail cap to break the circuit. Common problem with these lights. If you don't unscrew the tail cap right away, it will continue to drain your cell, even though the LED is off. It killed one of my 14500 cells this way. Sucks.

Q.P. .....Does it act up when using AA batteries?
Yes, same issue with all types of cells... Li-Ion, NiMH, alkaline.

Nitecore TIP - works great as a hat light with the included clip.

What's the difference between that and the TUBE ?

What's the difference between that and the TUBE ?
TIP has a higher capacity cell, better LED (XP-G2 S3), and a lot more light output - 360 lumen. TUBE: 45 lumen.

TIP also comes with a clip.

[Linked Image]

Back