Driven2SaveLives BC39

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the IMS website:

“Brickyard weekend has stretched into five fantastic days of racing action with the arrival of the Driven2SaveLives BC39 presented by NOS Energy Drink on Wednesday, Sept. 5 and Thursday, Sept. 6 at The Dirt Track at IMS, a new, quarter-mile clay oval inside Turn 3. The best short-track racers in America will be challenged by selected NASCAR stars in the richest USAC P1 Insurance Midget National Championship race. You won’t want to miss either night of this historic, first-ever dirt-track event in an exciting new chapter of speed at the Racing Capital of the World. “

https://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/events/usac/buy-tickets

Believe it or not, the Hulman folks have finally made good use of some of that land inside the oval (turn 3) and built a permanent 1/4 mile dirt track. There will be two nights of midget racing on Wed and Thurs prior to the Brickyard 400. Some NASCAR dirt-ies will be joining in the fun. This will be BY FAR the best racing of the week. I’ve got my tickets, do you?

BTW, the title of the race honors the late, great Brian Clauson (#39) whose donated organs saved six people’s lives.

Last edited:
I would love for it to be a permanent track but I've only seen press releases mentioning it has temporary. Do you have a source for it being permanent? That would be great news.

Interesting map projection with North on the left side. At first glance the Northeast and N.W. Vista labels confused me.

Is 1/4 mile a standard in dirt track racing?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 09_GXP
I would love for it to be a permanent track but I've only seen press releases mentioning it has temporary. Do you have a source for it being permanent? That would be great news.

Sorry, that was my assumption based on how much they are putting into this. I think they are going to be pleasantly surprised by the ticket demand. I don’t see any need to remove it. If they leave the grandstands it will more than make up for any infield sitting space lost for the 500.

Dirt tracks are all different lengths. Usually the shorter, the wilder.

Last edited:
Got a response from Robin....says he’s been taunting Tony for a month but supposedly he has a conflict at Eldora, the track he owns.

Despite a rain delay that caused an abbreviation of races and an A main that ended well after midnight, this is the one part of Brickyard weekend that will go down as a smashing success. A packed 5000 seat grandstand plus an estimated 1000 general admission in attendance were treated to traditional fast and wild USAC midget racing.

A one hour recap show can be seen at 6:00pm EDT tonight on NBCSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back